JoshuaMunoz
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

Best location for Bose Surround Speakers 700?

Hello, everyone. I just purchased a Soundbar 700 and am looking for some guidance on where I should wall mount the Bose Surround Speakers 700 (which are going to be the next upgrade to the living room audio).

My living/great room is kind of long - more like a big rectangle, open concept into the kitchen. The TV is wall mounted on an angled wall above the fireplace, but it's on a wall mount that lets you pull it off the wall, turn it, angle it towards the couch, the kitchen, etc.

My main question is, for this room (where we spend most of our time on the couch), where on the back wall would be the best placement for the surround speakers? I think one obvious placement would be in-between the windows directly above the couch, but if they need to be more spread out, we could do the outer edges of the windows?

Or should they be in the corners of the room, ceiling mounted? Would that put one of them way too far away from the couch to be practical? I've never done anything like this before and would love to get it right.

Thanks.

Photos of living room - two options?