bdearlove
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

Bose 500 and Amazon Music in Canada

Good Day, 

It looks as though Amazon music is not fully working on Canada for the Bose 500:

1. On bose app, it says Amazon Music is not yet compatible in my region. 

2. When using the IOS app and trying to "push" a song to the Bose it does not work. (It does on Spotify). 

3. There seems to be two devices listed in Alexa sevices. "Bryan's Bose Home Speaker 500" and "Family Room". (I named it family room in setup). 

Wondering if this will be resolved soon? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Bose 500 and Amazon Music in Canada

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Tony_A

Hi Mandy525,

Thanks for writing in!  

It looks like Amazon Music is not a supported music service in Canada at the moment, however Spotify should work.  If it's still not working with Spotify, do you have a premium Spotify account?

***UPDATE 12/6/18***

Development has confirmed that you can utilize Amazon Music services through the Alexa functionality of the Smart Home speakers in Canada.  You just want to make sure that Amazon Music is the default media service in the Alexa app.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

12 REPLIES 12
Marc F
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2018

I am having same issue with two devices listed in Alexa sevices. "Marc' s Bose Home Speaker 500" and "Great Room". (What I named it in setup).

Community Manager

Hello bdearlove

Thank you for writing in!

Amazon Music is currently not supported through the Bose Music app in Canada.  Spotify, Deezer, TuneIn, and Sirius XM internet radio are the current services in your area. My best recommendation would be to connect your mobile device to the speaker and stream over a Bluetooth connection.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Marc F
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2018

this doesnt address the isure with the device showing up twice in the Alexa app? has nothing to do with Amazon Music......

"I am having same issue with two devices listed in Alexa sevices. "Marc' s Bose Home Speaker 500" and "Great Room". (What I named it in setup)."

Hi Marc F.

I apologize we didn't answer your question the first time.

Can you please try removing and re-adding the Amazon Alexa service from the Bose Music app?

Once you re-add Alexa, let us know if you are still seeing the double naming issue.

Regards,

Joel 

Highlighted
Marc F
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2018

Hey Joel...... i have done that about 4 times (-; and even factory reset the speaker.... same issue

Community Manager

Hi Marc F

Thanks for the update!

I was able to test this while in the office today.  The standard speaker name is what is currently providing AVS (Amazon voice services) which will allow communication to Alexa for general questions or requests to Alexa such as: "What's the weather like" etc.

The personalized name of the speaker from the Bose Music App allows for the Bose Skill (not SoundTouch) to be able to control the actual speakers.  An example would be,  "Alexa, play some jazz on the Office"

I would not recommend removing either speaker names from the Alexa app as this will limit the functionality of the system.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

bdearlove
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

Hopefully this will be resolved and cleaned up in the future?

Community Manager

Hi bdearlove

We are currently looking into this and there's currently no ETA on this at the moment.  If we hear anything, we'll be sure to update Community ASAP. 

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Mandy525
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Correct me if I am wrong, but with the Bose Home Speaker 500 we still need Amazon Music in order to get Alexa to find music.

I tried just going with spotify but Alexa couldn't find any music...so Canadians will need to get two subscriptions?

Have I missed something?