Oscar_SG
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2020

Bose 500 homespeaker can't be added to Bose music app

I bought my second Bose 500 homespeaker yesterday and can't seem to add it to the Bose music app despite following the trouble-shooting steps for a day. I managed to add my first homespeaker back in Sep 2019. For the second speaker bought yesterday, I managed to pair it with my android phone and iPod using bluetooth though. Am thinking of returning it and getting a new set as it is within 7 days of purchase. Any advice? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Tegan_M

Re: Bose 500 homespeaker can't be added to Bose music app

Hi Oscar_SG,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues in adding your new Home Speaker 500 to your Bose Music app.

Do you mind informing us on the troubleshooting you have already attempted so I do not re-advise you?

Can you also let us know what the current LED status is of your Home Speaker 500?

Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Oscar_SG
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2020

Re: Bose 500 homespeaker can't be added to Bose music app

Hello Tegan_M

Thanks for the response! I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Bose music app 30 minutes ago (last chance!) and then adding the new speaker using the app again. It actually worked. I was pleasantly surprised! Think the music app was buggy. The updates on the new speaker took some time, but all good now. I am happy. 🙂