Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

Bose 500 soundbar connectivity problems

Since I bought the Bose 500 soundbar I keep having problems while watching tv.

Once in a while (could be every half an hour or sometimes once a day) the soundbar stops working on the tv and seems to be reconnecting to the wifi (pulsing white). After a while i can reconnect the tv and soundbar with the tv button on the remote. Does anyone else had the same problem? And do you know a solutions?

I also have problems with the Bose app. Sometimes it cannot find the soundbar, sometimes it can, seems to be at random. It seems like the soundbar cant get a stable connection with my wifi network?

I tried resetting the soundbar and router, changed channels on the router, reinstalled the app, but after a while the same problem comes back again. I do not have the same unstable wifi problems with other devices in my home (phones or laptops etc.).

Thank you in advance for your replies!

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: Bose 500 soundbar connectivity problems

Hi Decryptos, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your Soundbar 500. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you and I will do all I can to assist you!

It does sound like you are experiencing issues with your network. I would recommend checking out the settings below to make sure your Network settings are optimized. 

Recommended router settings for SoundTouch™ compatibility

UPnP - Enable

Multicast - Enable

IGMP - Enable

Wireless Isolation - Disable

IGMP Proxy - Disable

Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N

Stealth mode - Disable

MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list

WPS - Disable

Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.

Security type – WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.

WMM – Disable.

If you require some assistance with how to change these settings, let me know. I'd be happy to assist you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

Dear Jessie,

I tried your solutions. Hereby my feedback:

UPnP - Enable - Enabled, makes no difference

Multicast - Enable - Cant find this option

IGMP - Enable - Cant find this option

Wireless Isolation - Disable - Cant find this option

IGMP Proxy - Disable - Cant find this option

Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N - Already enabled. This function is only on or off for me.

Stealth mode - Disable - Cant find this option

MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list - Already disabled.

WPS - Disable - Cant find this option

Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended. - Already fixed

Security type – WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption. - Already on this security type

WMM – Disable - Cant find this option

As you can see most options dont seem to be available for me. I used the glossary of terms of the router, but cant find most options.

I just added the Soundbar to the DMZ of the firewall. I will give feedback if this makes a difference.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

@Decryptos wrote:

Dear Jessie,

I tried your solutions. Hereby my feedback:

UPnP - Enable - Enabled, makes no difference

Multicast - Enable - Cant find this option

IGMP - Enable - Cant find this option

Wireless Isolation - Disable - Cant find this option

IGMP Proxy - Disable - Cant find this option

Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N - Already enabled. This function is only on or off for me.

Stealth mode - Disable - Cant find this option

MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list - Already disabled.

WPS - Disable - Cant find this option

Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended. - Already fixed

Security type – WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption. - Already on this security type

WMM – Disable - Cant find this option

As you can see most options dont seem to be available for me. I used the glossary of terms of the router, but cant find most options.

I just added the Soundbar to the DMZ of the firewall. I will give feedback if this makes a difference.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Small update: I also added a DHCP binding for the Soundbar, I will give feedback if this improves the situation.

Highlighted

Hi Decryptos, 

Thank you for coming back to me! 

This is most helpful. It's a bit strange that some of these options are not available for you. If you are happy to share, Can you tell me who your network service provider is and which router you have (Shouldn't need the model number if you do not wish to share). 

I would recommend disabling the Firewall completely for the purpose of a quick test. If it works during the testing, at least we will know where to start! 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O  

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

Im afraid that I cant. Its not possible to disable the firewall. I can only add devices to the DMZ.

Its a Dutch provider: KPN. Router: Experia V10a.

The soundbar just failed again. So above adjustments dont help.

Highlighted

Hi Decryptos, 

I completely understand. 

I have tried to look into this further for you but the translator is not accurate enough for me to be able to confidently advise you further. 

At this point, I would recommend reaching to your local Technical Support Team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your region and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be able to assist you. 

I'm sorry I cannot do more for you. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

Thank you anyway. I will contact the local support team.

Is there a way to disable the WiFi (without turning on when it awakes)? So I can atleast watch tv without resetting everything every time?

Highlighted

Hello Decryptos

To temporarily disable Wi-Fi on the Soundbar 500, press and hold the music and skip forward button for 3 seconds until the bar glows solid white. 

I hope this helps!

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2019

I resetted the system once more last wednesday en since then it works stable! So the problems seem to be fixed!