BerniR
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2019

Bose 500 with Alexa too limited

I was planning to buy another Alexa device and looking forward to using intercom/announcements. I was pleased to see the Bose boasting full Alexa integration so I bought one. Speaker is great but intercom not possible. I am I missing something? Bose are you planning true full integration soon? Should I just return item? I’m in Australia.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose 500 with Alexa too limited

Hello BerniR,

Thanks for posting and welcome!

I would like to clarify with you on the detail of what you meant by intercom/announcements? Can you let us know how you were planning on using the Home Speaker 500?

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

BerniR
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2019

Using two Alexa devices you can use them as an intercom whilst on same network. Also this allow you to announce/broadcast on devices. I was looking for this feature but Alexa in the Bose does not slow it. Okay I understand it’s a speaker with Alexa built in but if features are missing its not fully integrated. So I ask iis this likely in future? B

Hi BerniR, 

Thank you for your post!

In regards to your query, we have full integration with the music side of things, for example Play/ stop asking Alexa to play certain tracks. The Announce/ Broadcast is something we have requested, along with notes and similar functions. However, we have no information on whether this will change nor when.

I hope this is helpful.

Jessie - Community Support