Did you mean: 
hassan739
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Bose 700 Remote wont do anything other than volume

Spoiler

Hi Team,

I have bose soundbar 700 and i am trying the remote to work, i have been able to pair the remote with TV through the App, all the relevant lights lit up on my remote but nothing other than the volume works, my TV model is KD-55AF8, any help? thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose 700 Remote wont do anything other than volume

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Thanks for the update hassan739!

What it sounds like is happening here, is the remote has accepted the programming but it's unable to reach the IR receiver on the TV for some reason. The volume and power can both be controlled by HDMI-CEC commands which would explain why they are working and not other buttons are.

What you need to bear in mind when using the Soundbar 700 with the universal remote, is the remote does not control your devices directly. The remote sends the signal to the soundbar, which then controls your TV with an in-built IR blaster.

This is located on the left-hand side of the soundbar, so you do need a direct line of sight from there to the IR receiver on your TV.  It would be worth moving the soundbars location slightly to see if you can get the IR blaster and receiver to line up and then test the remote from there.

If you are unable to achieve this in your setup, you can use external IR emitters, connected to the soundbar, to allow the IR signal to reach locations it may not be able to reach directly. Your local support team should be able to help you with getting hold of an IR emitter for your soundbar. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps! Let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Charlotte_G

Hey @hassan739,

Thanks for joining the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues with controlling your TV with your Soundbar 700 universal remote. 

Is the TV icon on the top 6 source buttons selected when you are trying to navigate the TV?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
hassan739
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Hi Charlotte, thanks for getting back, thats correct, the TV button is selected and all the lights relevant to TV functions are also lit, such as menu, Guide, Back, Exit etc but other than volume and power nothing else is working. i can turn the TV on/off and change volume only.

Charlotte_G

@hassan739 Let's try setting up the remote to control the TV again. To do this, remove the existing entry and follow these steps to program it again - Programming the universal remote.

Please get back to me once you have done this and let me know if this was successful.

hassan739
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Hi Charlottte, 
Sincere apologies for the delay, I will go through the steps and get back to you. thanks for your assistance.

hassan739
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Hi Charlotte, I have done the steps but no Joy. I can turn the power of my TV and adjust the volume, apart from that nothing...

Keith_L
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Thanks for the update hassan739!

What it sounds like is happening here, is the remote has accepted the programming but it's unable to reach the IR receiver on the TV for some reason. The volume and power can both be controlled by HDMI-CEC commands which would explain why they are working and not other buttons are.

What you need to bear in mind when using the Soundbar 700 with the universal remote, is the remote does not control your devices directly. The remote sends the signal to the soundbar, which then controls your TV with an in-built IR blaster.

This is located on the left-hand side of the soundbar, so you do need a direct line of sight from there to the IR receiver on your TV.  It would be worth moving the soundbars location slightly to see if you can get the IR blaster and receiver to line up and then test the remote from there.

If you are unable to achieve this in your setup, you can use external IR emitters, connected to the soundbar, to allow the IR signal to reach locations it may not be able to reach directly. Your local support team should be able to help you with getting hold of an IR emitter for your soundbar. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps! Let us know!

hassan739
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Fantastic, that makes sense. Thank you so much for your help 🙂