ma-snowcamp
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

Bose 700 Soundbar & Revolve+ vs Portable Home Speaker & auto-on

I have a Bose 700 Soundbar and a Soundtouch 10 - I am able to add the Soundtouch 10 as an 'extension' to the 700 using the Bose Music app. I would like to purchase a portable speaker & it seems as if the Portable Home Speaker will be able to similarly connect, but the Revolve+ cannot, is this true?

Another feature I appreciate with the Soundtouch 10, it will power on if a bluetooth connection is made, either directly from my iPhone from bluetooth settings or when Bose Music adds it to the 700 configuration.

Do these portable speakers support auto-on?

thanks,

Mike.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose 700 Soundbar & Revolve+ vs Portable Home Speaker & auto-on

Author Accepted Answer selected by ma-snowcamp

Hey ma-snowcamp,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

You would be able to use either the Portable Home Speaker or the Revolve + in a group with your Soundbar 700. They do, however, connect in different ways to the soundbar as there are 2 ways of creating groups in the Bose Music app.

What you are doing currently with your SoundTouch 10 is using a feature called SimpleSync that allows you to connect from your soundbar to other speakers and headphones via Bluetooth. With this feature you could also connect to the Revolve +, but you are only able to pair 1 speaker at a time to the soundbar.

If you were to get a Portable Home Speaker, this will connect to your Wi-Fi network, like your soundbar does, and when grouped with the soundbar will be connected to each other over Wi-Fi rather than Bluetooth. With this method, you can add as many other Smart Home speakers to the group as you like. 

The thing you will need to consider with both of these speakers and ways of connecting, you will not be able to have the soundbar, SoundTouch 10, and your new speaker all connected at once. This is because you can either use 2 or more Smart Speakers or 1 Bluetooth speaker in a group. You wouldn't be able to combine Bluetooth and Wi-Fi groups. You can find more information on grouping speakers with your soundbar HERE.

Both of these portable speakers do support auto power on when you connect to them from your phone, or the app. 

I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by ma-snowcamp

Hey ma-snowcamp,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

You would be able to use either the Portable Home Speaker or the Revolve + in a group with your Soundbar 700. They do, however, connect in different ways to the soundbar as there are 2 ways of creating groups in the Bose Music app.

What you are doing currently with your SoundTouch 10 is using a feature called SimpleSync that allows you to connect from your soundbar to other speakers and headphones via Bluetooth. With this feature you could also connect to the Revolve +, but you are only able to pair 1 speaker at a time to the soundbar.

If you were to get a Portable Home Speaker, this will connect to your Wi-Fi network, like your soundbar does, and when grouped with the soundbar will be connected to each other over Wi-Fi rather than Bluetooth. With this method, you can add as many other Smart Home speakers to the group as you like. 

The thing you will need to consider with both of these speakers and ways of connecting, you will not be able to have the soundbar, SoundTouch 10, and your new speaker all connected at once. This is because you can either use 2 or more Smart Speakers or 1 Bluetooth speaker in a group. You wouldn't be able to combine Bluetooth and Wi-Fi groups. You can find more information on grouping speakers with your soundbar HERE.

Both of these portable speakers do support auto power on when you connect to them from your phone, or the app. 

I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any further questions!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

ma-snowcamp
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

Thank you! Exactly what I needed to know!