Highlighted
Rantideva
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 20, 2019

Bose 700 and Samsung TV

I just purchased the Bose Soundar 700 (with Base model that I haven’t hooked up).

I have already had numerous issues and it seems that Bose has compatibility issues with Samsung. Here are my issues:

1. When I connect on Netflix (5.1 Stereo) the sound stops for a split second (it sound like it skips). This happens every 45 seconds or so.
2. When I start my TV, the sound doesn’t play for the first 20 seconds.
3. After not turning my TV on for 3 days, the tv could no longer find the soundbar. I had to reset everything.

For the brief time I had this soundbar, it sounds amazing. It just won’t work like a $1500 product should. I think I may have to send it back.

There also seems to be major compatibility issues with Samsung TVs. I can no longer recommend this product if you have a Samsung TV.
3 REPLIES 3
Xyz987
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Bose 700 and Samsung TV

Or, don't buy a Samsung tv.

Zuur
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 1, 2019

If you go into settings from the soundbar, go to CEC and set this to "aternative". This is the best mode with a Samsung tv.

Then you need to unplug the tv and the soundbar from the power for at least 1 minute. Also unplug all the HDMI cables on both sides. After the 1 minute you can put the tv and soundbar on power again, then you can connect the HDMI cables again.

Community Manager

Hi Rantideva,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community!  I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues, but would be happy to help!

I would recommend checking out this video for some great tips on troubleshooting ARC issues.  HERE is a link to our support video.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support