gt2648b
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

Bose 700 not playing amazon unlimited

Hi,

I just bought the Bose 700 but when I ask it to play anything on my Amazon Unlimited Music Account, it says: "<that artist> is available with Amazon Unlimited, would you like to learn more?"  However, I have Amazon unlimited.  I have no problem with this from my other Alexas.

Is there something I have to do to link my Amazon Unlimited Music accout to the Bose 700 Alexa?

Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gt2648b
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

Re: Bose 700 not playing amazon unlimited

Author Accepted Answer selected by gt2648b

I got it to work.  I turns out that when I first set up my Bose 700 Alexa, I was logged on to my Amazon account as myself, and not as my wife.  Therefore, it linked my Amazon Prime account and not my wife's account, where all of our Amazon Unlimited and Pandora Prime accounts are paid for. 

Therefore, when I asked this Alexa to play Amazon music, it was pulling from my prime account and not my wife's (and the family's) unlimited account.  

To fix it, I had to do 4 things:

1.  I removed the Alexa voice command from the Bose 700 in the Bose app

2.  I then had to deregister the Bose 700 in the Alexa app

3.  Then, I had to log into the right account on the Alexa app (my wife's account, not mine)

4.  Then, I had to redo the Bose 700 alexa setup in the Bose app

Anyway, that seemed to work.  Now if they can just figure out how to allow the Bose 700 to set reminders, that would be awesome!

3 REPLIES 3
DanEllisUK
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

The Bose music app has two different places to configure an Amazon account.  One place is under “Account settings - Manage Music Services”.  The other is under settings for the particular device.  Select “Settings - Voice device”.

I have been told by a Bose representative on this forum that these two Amazon accounts must be the same or there will be problems.

gt2648b
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 30, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by gt2648b

I got it to work.  I turns out that when I first set up my Bose 700 Alexa, I was logged on to my Amazon account as myself, and not as my wife.  Therefore, it linked my Amazon Prime account and not my wife's account, where all of our Amazon Unlimited and Pandora Prime accounts are paid for. 

Therefore, when I asked this Alexa to play Amazon music, it was pulling from my prime account and not my wife's (and the family's) unlimited account.  

To fix it, I had to do 4 things:

1.  I removed the Alexa voice command from the Bose 700 in the Bose app

2.  I then had to deregister the Bose 700 in the Alexa app

3.  Then, I had to log into the right account on the Alexa app (my wife's account, not mine)

4.  Then, I had to redo the Bose 700 alexa setup in the Bose app

Anyway, that seemed to work.  Now if they can just figure out how to allow the Bose 700 to set reminders, that would be awesome!

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the post, and thank you for posting your resolution!

This thread is now locked.  Please create a new thread for any other questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support