PaddyR70
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

Bose 700 sound issues

Hi
I frequently have to power off/on again to get my Bose to output from tv when I take tv out of standby. Other times I get broken sound and again have to power off/on again. Once up and running it’ll work fine again. It’s only every when tv and sky is in standby. I have a Samsung QLED..
Any thoughts?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Bose 700 sound issues

Author Accepted Answer selected by PaddyR70

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for sharing your solution with the Community. I'm happy to hear that the systems are now back and operational again following realigning the accounts that the Alexa skill is connected to.

As always - if you have anything further to share or require any additional assistance please do reach out to the Community again.

Kind regards,

Andy B - Community Support

9 REPLIES 9

Hello PaddyR70,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with audio and power for this, and would be happy to assist.

In order to do so, could you check the following for me please?

1) Are you using the HDMI ARC cable, or the Digital Optical cable? If you try swapping from one to the other, do you find that you continue having this issue?

2) If you are unable to swap from one type of cable to another, have you tried another of the same type of cable, and ensured that it is connected securely, as this could also be caused by loose connections?

3) If your system is not up to date, can you please check this from the Bose Music app? This would prompt you with an update for your soundbar if you are connected to it when you open the app.

If you have tried the above and are still having this issue, please get back to me!

Liam

Community Support

PaddyR70
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

Hi
None of the suggestions worked. I did a painful FR. All working ok so far except both the 500 and 700 no longer announce Ring.com triggers, motion, bell etc despite ALL settings being correct. Alexa doesn’t pick up the 500 as a speaker now but a networked device only. Works but can’t attached it to a group as a preferred speaker. That’s another story. Thank you

Hi PaddyR70, 

Many thanks for the update. I'm sorry these previous suggestions did not resolve the issue. 

With regards to Alexa no longer picking up the 500 as a speaker, have you enabled the Bose Skill within the Alexa App at all?

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

PaddyR70
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

Hi

About a million times lol. It works on 700 ok. Picks it up as a speaker. The 500 not picking it up at all now. Factory resets etc. All was working perfectly before including being able to play radio on it via voice request , it would only allow it via Bose app recently. As I said now nothing 😞
PaddyR70
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

Hi
About a million times lol. It works on 700 ok. Picks it up as a speaker. The 500 not picking it up at all now. Factory resets etc. All was working perfectly before including being able to play radio on it via voice request , it would only allow it via Bose app recently. As I said now nothing 😞
Highlighted

Hi PaddyR70,

Thank you for letting me know the situation.

This may sound trivial to you, but could you confirm - have you completely removed Alexa from the Bose Music App and then re-added it again?

Also, have you tried disabling the Bose skill through the Amazon Alexa app, and then re-enabling it? This way, the skill requires you to sign in with your Bose ID - and this can sometimes re-establish the connection between the product and Alexa.

Let me know if you have tried these steps exactly.

Warm regards,

Sam F 

PaddyR70
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

Hi
I did do both those steps numerous times. Without fruit. Did it again late last night and now working in as far as Alexa commands work but still the 500 is not recognised as a speaker so I can’t do the normal things like ask her (it? Lol) to play in kitchen from another room. It isn’t being renamed by her to ‘kitchen speaker’. Instead I get a message from her saying ‘to do that first enable the the skill for the home speaker Bose 500’. If I ask her to play on lounge speaker (700 sound bar) she says that’s off-line. Something tells me there’s a precise order of things never to be repeated! Frustrating. Thanks for your help.
Patrick Round
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2019

UPDATE

It’s sorted. The issue was I kept enabling Bose skill using email/ password. By using Facebook sign in, it resolved it. I must have done that on initial set up and it must somehow need you to always use that method thereafter. Does that make sense to you guys?
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by PaddyR70

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for sharing your solution with the Community. I'm happy to hear that the systems are now back and operational again following realigning the accounts that the Alexa skill is connected to.

As always - if you have anything further to share or require any additional assistance please do reach out to the Community again.

Kind regards,

Andy B - Community Support