Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CoffeeB
Participant
Registered since

Sep 13, 2020

Bose Home Speaker 300 on desktop

I just acquired the 300 unit for work and we do not run our music from a cell phone app. We want to have the speaker set up away from our our office computer and play Spotify in the main room.

I have Sonos at home and can play music through our Wi-Fi from the desktop.

The only way I have found to play music through the Bose at work is to plug in a speaker jack and use as a computer speaker, which I do not want to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Something that is a "smart speaker" should not be so hard to set up. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose Home Speaker 300 on desktop

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hey, welcome to the Bose Community!

I'd love to make some suggestions so you can really enjoy your Home Speaker 300. 

First, could you let me know if you're able to use the Bose Music app as a one-off just so that you can set the speaker up on the network? If so, you won't need to revisit the Bose Music app every time you want to play music. You mentioned that you stream from Spotify, so once the speaker is connected to the network, you can use Spotify Connect from your desktop to initiate playback. 

Depending on how far away you want to keep the speaker, you could also connect via Bluetooth. Please bear in mind that the range is up to 33 feet (10 m), but the further away the speaker is, the higher chance of interference. 

If you're using a macOS desktop, the Home Speaker 300 is AirPlay compatible, which would be my final suggestion if you have an Apple computer. This would also require you to use the Bose Music app to ensure the speaker is connected to the same network as the computer.

I hope this helps! Please do let me know if you have any questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose Home Speaker 300 on desktop

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hey, welcome to the Bose Community!

I'd love to make some suggestions so you can really enjoy your Home Speaker 300. 

First, could you let me know if you're able to use the Bose Music app as a one-off just so that you can set the speaker up on the network? If so, you won't need to revisit the Bose Music app every time you want to play music. You mentioned that you stream from Spotify, so once the speaker is connected to the network, you can use Spotify Connect from your desktop to initiate playback. 

Depending on how far away you want to keep the speaker, you could also connect via Bluetooth. Please bear in mind that the range is up to 33 feet (10 m), but the further away the speaker is, the higher chance of interference. 

If you're using a macOS desktop, the Home Speaker 300 is AirPlay compatible, which would be my final suggestion if you have an Apple computer. This would also require you to use the Bose Music app to ensure the speaker is connected to the same network as the computer.

I hope this helps! Please do let me know if you have any questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post