kenn0171
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2020

Bose Home Speaker 500 Amazon Music integration

I am from Australia and recently purchased a Home Speaker 500. The Australian product page is here:

https://www.bose.com.au/en_au/products/speakers/smart_home/bose-home-speaker-500.html#v=bose_home_sp...

My purchase was driven by the perceived integration with Amazon Music:

"Browse your favourite music services, like Spotify®, Amazon Music or Apple Music, ..."

I had thought that I would be able to link my Amazon Music playlists to the presets and play them using the Google Assistant. I have since found that Amazon Music is not actually supported in Australia so there is no real integration with Amazon Music. To get the level of integration I was expecting I need to use the Alexa app on my phone, which is what I could have done with literally any bluetooth or wifi speaker.

This is extremely disappointing since there is no mention of this shortfall on the website. The only thing the website says is "Music services may vary", but it does not give any details so it leads you to assume that the 3 music services specifically listed (Spotify, Amazon Music, Apple Music) are supported everywhere. Especially when you go to the FAQ section of the product page and it states:

What music services can I access from the Bose Home Speaker 500?

The Bose Home Speaker 500 can play music directly over Wi-Fi from Spotify, Pandora®, TuneIn, iHeartRadio™, Amazon Music, SiriusXM and Deezer. Alexa access on the Bose Home Speaker 500 allows voice control of Spotify, Pandora®, TuneIn, iHeartRadio™, Amazon Music, SiriusXM, Deezer and Audible. Apple AirPlay 2 compatibility allows access to Apple Music. Other services may be accessed by playing from a device using a Bluetooth connection. Music and voice services may vary.

When are Bose going to address this obvious misdirection? Looking through the support forums know I see that I am not the only one that has been deceived, and I doubt I'll be the last. This has left me questioning my purchase as it was driven by false advertising.