Highlighted
Geoffreyswanep@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 1, 2018

Bose Home Speaker 500 stuck on update

Hi tried connecting speaker for 1st time. It connected then wanted to do an update and now it is stuck with white light going left to right.

I have spent hours reseting network,

Tried to reset speaker which won't work

Tried to turn off wifi that won't work 

Tried with different internet that wrong work

Turned it off, deleted app reloaded app now won't connect to app. I'm very frustrated as I just purchased it an can't use it

I've checked firewall all good still won't work

I've run out of things to do and patience any suggestions before I return it to shop.

28 REPLIES 28
Sikwidityo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

Re: Bose Home Speaker 500 stuck on update

Hi Geoffrey,

What is your current internet download connection speed?  I have a pretty fast connection and it took approximately 30mins. for my update to finish.

Are you connecting via WiFi or Ethernet?

Were you able to reconnect your phone to the speaker via the app?

Sik

Jude virtudes
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 1, 2018

I had a pretty fast connection but took like 5hours then i had to unplug it because someone will use the socket where the speaker is plugged in.

Now im in a different place and brought with me my home speaker and still stuck on updating, can’t even connect the product to the app and also can’t reset wifi or whatsoever. Rebooting and restarting the home speaker still results to updating (light shifting from left to right)

how’s it so?
Geoffreyswanep@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 1, 2018

Download speed is fine 25mbps
The light is going from left to right meaning its installing update from what i can gather. Im not impressed aftef paying $600 for a spesker i cant use. Ive tried resetting and turning off wifi nothing works. Its been doing this for 24hours. I can't connect it to wifi on phone or tablet. I will try etherenet i wasnt aware u could
Sikwidityo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

Hi Geoffrey,

My connection is considerably faster than 25mb per second.  And it took a considerable amount of time for the update to complete.  Have you spoken with support directly over the phone giving instructions?  Just curious!

Anyway, at this point so you aren't too upset with the unit any longer.  I would suggest returning the unit to the retailer for an exchange.  And even possibly have them start the setup on the replacement there.  Check if they have a mobile technician setup available option in that store.  I would have them come out and set up your speaker.  Ask them to do that for you before considering your purchase for free.

Sik

Community Manager

Hi everybody!

Thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot and write in!

If the update is still stuck in the left to right install phase after the reset and factory default, I would recommend contacting your local support team.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Geoffreyswanep@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 1, 2018

Thank you i will try that
I cant reset it either it wont do anything. Doesnt respond to any of the suggestions. And i cant get it to connect to app now either ive unstalled turned off reinstalled. Nothing. Im so not impressed i have always liked Bose products butvi recently went to sonos but i saw this speaker and thought would try Bose again but now im not sure. Its been flashing left to right for 2 days now
bose_user1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 17, 2018

Home 500 stuck on updating state after first setup

After first setting up the Home 500, the speaker keep on updating state.

Speaker displayed "Complete the setup in Bose Music App"

Open the app and connected to the speaker, keep showing "Updating speaker..." for over 30 mins

Tried factory reset and unpluged the power already, still the same

Re: Home 500 stuck on updating state after first setup

Hello @bose_user1,

Thank you for posting.

We appreciate you trying those steps for us.

I'm sorry to see your update is still not going through correctly. Please contact technical support via phone for further assistance with your issue.

If you go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us" and a phone number will be displayed.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

zipaganrendez
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

Hello, did you figured it out? I have the same problem. I forgot how it happen but it was when i’m setting it for the first time. Tia