Bose Home Speaker 500 stuck on update

Friendly Fanatic

Re: Bose Home Speaker 500 stuck on update

It happened to me as well, but eventually it got updated! Bose please look into ease of installing the update

Quiet Contributor

You just waited with that white line ongoing? It’s been 12 hrs now and still doing it.
Friendly Fanatic

Yup just waited (as the app was still had updating icon) It didn't take 12hrs ... but definetly 4-6hrs Smiley Happy

Quiet Contributor

Unfortunately, mine doesn't have an updating icon in my app. I can't even connect it to to speaker via bluetooth. the only button that is working is the Mic off. Can someone help me?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Just try resetting all the connections including WiFi/BT/removing alexa services/deleting the speaker from the app/reinstalling the app and reconfiguring from scratch....

Even then the firmware update 2.1.9 would take long time ... but just dont do anything, put it on for updating and go to bed!!!

Quiet Contributor

My biggest problem is even i already restarted all my connections and bluetooth, when i plugged the home speaker, it doesn’t do anything beside the white line again. I don’t know what to do with it.
Quiet Contributor

Hello, did you managed to get it work? Mine have the same problem when first time setting it up. Now i can’t able to do anything just the flasing white line from left to right.

Hi zipaganrendez,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having.

Is your speaker still stuck on the update?  What is the LED doing on the front of the speaker?

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Hello. It was flasing from left to right. It happened when i was trying to set it up for the first time. I don’t remember what actually happened but it was when there’s an update or something. When i plug it out and try to plug it in, still doing the same thing. It seems no button works except for the mic off? Please help

Hi again,

Thanks for the details!

Left to right means that the speaker is updating, but it sounds like it's getting stuck on the download.  How far is the system away from your wireless router?  Can you make sure the system is close and getting a good signal?

Can you remove power from the Bose system, along with the wireless router?

Best,

Brandon