Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madishetti.srinivas
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Bose Music App Issue with Amazon music

I am using Bose music app to set up and control my home speaker 500 in India. The Music App is not showing any options for Amazon Music. Please see the attached screen shot. 

Screenshot_20200112-182000.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose Music App Issue with Amazon music

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi madishetti.stinivas,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I would be happy to help with this.

It is currently not possible to add Amazon Music to your Bose Music account. in India. We do not have support for that music service in your region at this time, you can find more information on the availability of music services HERE.

You can, however, use Amazon Music with your Home Speaker via Alexa voice commands in India. You would just need to add Alexa as your voice assistant, you can do this by going to the settings for your speaker > voice assistants > Alexa, and following the instructions in the app.

We are actively working to bring support for more music services in the Bose Music app to more regions. When we have more information to share on this, we will make sure to update the community and the link posted earlier.

I hope this helps clarify this for you.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Keith_L
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi madishetti.stinivas,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I would be happy to help with this.

It is currently not possible to add Amazon Music to your Bose Music account. in India. We do not have support for that music service in your region at this time, you can find more information on the availability of music services HERE.

You can, however, use Amazon Music with your Home Speaker via Alexa voice commands in India. You would just need to add Alexa as your voice assistant, you can do this by going to the settings for your speaker > voice assistants > Alexa, and following the instructions in the app.

We are actively working to bring support for more music services in the Bose Music app to more regions. When we have more information to share on this, we will make sure to update the community and the link posted earlier.

I hope this helps clarify this for you.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

madishetti.srinivas
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Thanks for reply. And also, please confirm how can I add Google Assistant to speaker - Probably, it is not supported in india? I am not seeing any option to add in App.

Tegan_M

Hello madishetti.srinivas, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

At this time only Alexa is available in India. Google Assistant is not yet available, I apologize for any disappointment this provides. 

Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Suresh Kumar
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear Keith, 

Good to hear that Bose is actively working to get amazon music in India but will it take more than a year ? We highlighted this issue since 2018 to add  amazon on soundtouch. till now nothing is happening.

Tegan_M

Hi Suresh, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

Regrettably at this time we do not have any information in regards to a time frame. If we gain information towards this, we will be sure to inform the community. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards

Tegan M 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Suresh Kumar
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Dear Tegan, 

Last two years we are hearing the same story from you all  on Soundtouch and Smart home.

Instead why don't you tell us this feature is not going to available for Indians in India.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Keith_L wrote:

This is certainly a strange occurrence. Smart Home speaker users, in some countries, can only access Amazon Music via the Alexa voice service. That certainly is the case in Canada with Bose Smart Home speakers. Alexa performs pretty well on that point. But interestingly, the Amazon Music service can’t be added to the Bose Smart Home speakers even if one has an Amazon Prime account.  

That’s a bit of a head scratcher. I suspect this all has to do with licensing and alike. At any rate adding Amazon Music Service and Apple Music Service would no doubt make for really great speaker products. Not to mention really happy customers.