Dhaval
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Bose Music app cannot search Bose 700 soundbar

I recently got a Bose 700 Soundbar.

I went through instructed setup procedure and was able to setup everything but Alexa and remote pairing intentionally.

The problem I am facing is Bose Music app on my iPhone doesn’t detect the sound bar after a while, in my observation once the soundbar goes into standby mode.

It detects and plays sound from tv every time. Just the app will not be able to search 700 and then gives up even though the sound bar is playing from tv !

I tried switching source, enable/ disable microphone, access using remote for volume up down etc but only thing temporarily works is unplug power and then plug it back.

Any help is appreciated, I really don’t want to return this.

6 REPLIES 6
Tegan_M

Re: Bose Music app cannot search Bose 700 soundbar

Hi Dhaval, 

I am sorry you're having this experience, we'd love to help. Thanks for already looking into some troubleshooting, i'd love to offer some further steps. 

I would firstly suggest you follow this link. This will provide you with instructions on how to manually update your soundbar.

Does the Soundbar come up in the app but cannot connect? Or can the app not find your product at all?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Dhaval
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

So the bar is setup once in the app. Every time I reboot it appears in the app.

But if bar goes stand by that’s when it stops being searched in the music app.

Tegan_M

Thanks for confirming this. 

I would recommend that you attempt the product software update via the link I have provided you above. 

I would also suggest in removing and re-adding the Bose Music app to your device and rebooting your internet router. 

Do let us know how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Dhaval
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

I dont have the cable required to update the product software, however that was done already once when I connected the bar and configured for the first time.

Of course I removed and reinstalled the Music App, rebooted the internet router.

So far so good, it appears that above fix is working. The app dropped connection with Soundbar once when I switched from Bluetooth to HDMI arc. Since then all going good.

I will keep testing connection issue in coming days and post anything in case problem occurs significant times.

Thanks !

JuanriveraNY
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2020

Bose SB700 won’t connect to Bose App

Searched other message boards to no avail with this Bose Soundbar. I’ve factory reset it a few times, every time I can get through the set up but as soon as it’s done it say the product cannot be found. This is a problem since I’d like to pair my surround sound and base to the bar but cannot pull it up in the Bose Music App.

Currently connected to my 5G WiFi on my Netgear AC2600 Router and I can see the soundbar as one of the online devices. Yet I am not able to access it via the Bose Music App.

Dhaval
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

So Music app worked till phone was connected to WiFi, as soon as I disconnected (to get groceries) and reconnected, the app stopped working.

There are too many instances where thereafter Music App would not search Soundbar anymore.

- switching source HDMI to Bluetooth or backwards

- sound bar goes to standby 

- the phone disconnects the WiFi and rejoin (going out for groceries)

oddly it continues to plays music from TV/ Bluetooth during all of above situations (while app cant search the bar).

loved what it played though.

hope this helps Bose in fixing the issue.

will eagerly wait for Bose Soundbar 700 version “indeed smart”

Good Bye Bose Soundbar 700

Reset to factory settings.