RexDinos1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Bose Solo 5 and LG Smart Home Access

Hi,

I recently purchased a Solo 5 Soundbar, got it hooked up fine, even got Universal Remote synched to my LG TV and Cable Box.. Just one issue, I cannot access the Smart Home function for the TV; normally not an issue but as I use NOW TV issues have arisen.

Have I missed something or am I going to have to use the original TV remote to access it.

Cheers Rex

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: Bose Solo 5 and LG Smart Home Access

HI Rex,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  

With universal remotes, it's hard to map over every single button from all the different manufacturer's of TVs and peripherals.  In this case, you may want to check to see if any of the colored buttons brings up this functionality.  A lot of users have found success with the Logitech Harmony line of remotes as a 1 remote solution as well.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

dewarian
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 22, 2019

Re: Bose Solo 5 and LG Smart Home Access

Hi,

RexDinos1, I have had the same issue as you. Assuming you are using the universal remote controller that came with the Bose Solo 5. I have figured out how to open the 'Smart Home' function of a LG smart TV, it is a bit out of the way but when you select the TV, press 'Guide' and then 'Exit' it will open the 'Smart Home'.