Orsenbear
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2018

Bose Solo 5 and alexa

Hi All.

I’ve recently purchased an Amazon Echo Dot. After and extremely long-winded process I’ve managed to link it to the Bose Touch I have upstairs but I want to be able to connect to the Bose Solo 5 sound bar I have downstairs. No matter what I do I can’t get Alexa to find it. I’m able to connect to it over Bluetooth via phones and computers so I know the Bose is discoverable. I’ve contacted Bose via email but they haven’t responded. Help!
4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: Bose Solo 5 and alexa

Hi Orsenbear

Thanks for posting in the Community!

The Bose Solo 5 does not have a built in Wi-Fi chip to be controlled over the network like the SoundTouch systems.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Alake079@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 17, 2018

Not trying to connect it to wi-fi. Trying to connect to Bluetooth. All my other devices connect via Bluetooth even without being connected to the internet. Very dissapointed that this $200 sound bar can not connect to an Echo. My sons $10 Bluetooth speaker can connect to an echo. I will be returning my Bose solo 5. Feeling ripped off!!
jmr201
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Hello,

I had the same issue as you but found the solution. Open the Alexa app on your phone or tablet that you used to register the Echo device. Tap the "Devices" tab, then tap on "Echo & Alexa", then tap on the Echo you have connected. This will open a menu, "Device Settings", for the Echo. Under the wireless section, there is an option for bluetooth devices, tap it, and you can pair the Echo and Bose from this menu.

If you were like me, I initially tried to pair the Bose by adding a new device, but this will not work as the device itself doesn't connect through WiFi. You need to connect it from the Echo's settings which is entirely unclear.

I hope this helps you if you haven't already found the solution or someone else who is having the same issue.

Justin

Hi Justin,

Thank you for posting your resolution!

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support