Andy Kyte
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

Bose Soundbar 700 + Bose Home Speaker 500 - multi-room setup sharing TV audio (apple TV/ Cable Box)

Can a system that consists of Bose Soundbar 700 + Bose Home Speaker 500 have a multi-room setup sharing TV audio to the Bose Home Speaker 500 in another room? This is not sharing the 'music' audio from Spotify, but the TV content audio from an Apple TV or Cable Box or DVD player connected to the TV.  The system would be using HDMI ARC. 

My father in-law wants to walk around the house while the Television is playing. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 + Bose Home Speaker 500 - multi-room setup sharing TV audio (apple TV/ Cabl...

Hi Andy! 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community! 

You can only send audio to the Home Speaker via the Bose Music app through streamed music. You are unable to do this with TV audio. 

I hope this helps clarify! Have a great day! 

Jessie_O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Andy Kyte
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 + Bose Home Speaker 500 - multi-room setup sharing TV audio (apple TV/ Cabl...

Jessie_O,

Thank you for your fast response. Are you 100% sure that is correct? i currently have a SoundTouch 300 Soundbar and a SoundTouch 10 in my kitchen.  If i start the TV playing, open the SoundTouch app and add the SoundTouch 10 Kitchen to the group it plays the TV audio.  I have not used the new Bose Music app yet.  With SoundTouch multi-speaker system, There is some latency/lag, but if the Kitchen radio were far enough way it wouldn't matter.  Please answer or say you are not sure. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi Andy, 

You are correct, the Soundtouch 300 can Auxiliary rebroadcast audio to other Soundtouch speakers through the Soundtouch app. However, the Soundbar 700 does not have an auxiliary port and as such would not be able to broadcast TV audio to the Home Speaker 500. 

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support