Highlighted
Phillippe
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

Bose Soundbar 700 Failed To Connect With SAMSUNG TV HDMI ARC ISSUES [List of SAMSUNG TV Models]

SAMSUNG TV UA55JU7000W

I have encountered the same HMDI ARC issues. I have XBox, Roku and Apple TV connected to the Samsung TV Hub. I have tried all on/off, connect/disconnect, resets etc for both TV & Bose 700 plus Bose Music App. All failed.

I have read the forums, blogs plus Google searches.They all ties TV HDMI/ARC connectivity issues.

I would propose we list affected Samsung TV Models here so that Bose could sort it out with Samsung to provide firmware/software updates to resolve this.

@boseplease provide the updates if you know on the specific fix/es for Samsung TV. Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
Community Manager

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Failed To Connect With SAMSUNG TV HDMI ARC ISSUES [List of SAMSUNG TV Models]

Hi Phillippe,

Thanks for suggesting this!  

I actually have a post in mind for you to check out HERE.  There is a very particular sequence of resets that should help to fully clear any CEC issues and help determine if it is indeed a compatibility issue.  If you could try those steps and add your info there, that would be great.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Donmc63
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Failed To Connect With SAMSUNG TV HDMI ARC ISSUES [List of SAMSUNG TV Models]

Was using optical cable changed to arc now i have no sound from sound bar 700 can anyone help plz
Community Manager

Hi Donmc63,

Thanks for writing in! 

Sorry to hear about the ARC issues and I definitely recommend checking out this video HERE.  It helps to explain ARC and also has some great troubleshooting tips as well.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Donmc63
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2019

Hi tony i watched this before have just went back to optical as i spent days trying to fix this issue now alexa is speaking American and when i ask her the weather in Scotland she just gives me the weather in some city in America totally disappointed is this sound bar as the sound is amazing
Community Manager

Hi Donmc63,

Thanks for the update.  It does appear that the TV may be incompatible with the soundbar's ARC feature.  If you could provide us the make/model/software of the TV, I would like to forward this along to our development team.  

If you navigate to the Bose Music app and access the speaker settings, are you able to change the language of Alexa in the voice assistant settings?  If you change to a different language and back to the correct one, does this help with the issue?

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Donmc63
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2019

Hi tony samsung uhd tv 7 series model ue55nu7100 and can't find speaker settings in bose music app thank you
Community Manager

Hi Donmc63,

Thank you for the information.  If you select the speaker icon in the bottom right corner, you should now have an option to select select settings.

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Donmc63
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2019

Hi tony got alexa working it was in alexa settings not speaker settings cheers

Hi Donmc63,

That's great to hear! Please come back if we can help you with anything else.

Regards,

Tony G