Highlighted
yubeie
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 12, 2018

Bose Soundbar 700 Firmware Upgrade

I was excited about the new firmware update available for the Bose Soundbar 700(firmware v3.0.13/14) and the Bose Music App (v1.4.5).

The firmware on my soundbar is at 2.1.10.  I was able to successfully update the Bose Music App from google playstore. But I wasn't lucky with the firmware upgrade.

Issue#1:

However, the soundbar firmware hasn't gone through the automatic upgrade.My soundbar is connected to Wifi 24x7 and I've tried a factory reset route as well. Any ideas if the upgrade is "pushed" in a staggered manner? (or) is it more like "pull" where the soundbar periodically keeps checking for an update?

Issue#2:

Since the automatic upgrade hasn't worked, I decided to pursue the manual route using the micro USB cable!

First thin I notice on https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/updating-your-soundbar-700.html webpage, there is no indication as to what version of "Product Update" the user would be donwloading!! Please update the webpage with version information, so that a user knows whether he/she is already on the same version as listed on the download page.

Issue#3:

Firmware upgrades are extremely important as everyone understands. Please provide the details as to what has been fixed/added so that users can clearly test if those are working okay/fixed.

Without release notes and just a vagues statement like "Bug Fixes and Stability Improvements", it provides ZERO idea to the end user. 

Anyways, I went the through the manual approach and the version number hasn't changed in the music app. So I suspect the latest firmware is NOT available yet for manual download?? Can you please confrm. If so, when is likely to get posted?

Additional Feedback:

-This whole LED status indicator show is very non user intuitive. Please update the Bose Music App to manage firmware upgrades.

User should be able to:

1. Check for firmware updates.

2. Get notified via the app that an update is available.

3. Display the progress of the upgrade as well as whether it was a sucess vs a failure.

Hopefully, someone from the Bose Tech Support can assist me with the issues reported.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 Firmware Upgrade

Hi yubeie,

Thanks for writing in!

The firmware should be released shortly.  As soon as we have more info, we will be sure to update this post HERE.

Warm Regards

Tony A - Community Support 

PercyBottle
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

@Tony_A wrote:

The firmware should be released shortly.  As soon as we have more info, we will be sure to update this post HERE.

@Tony_A Thanks for responding. I believe there's some confusion about this because the post that you linked to is self-contradictory. Clearly, the firmware isn't available yet, but the table at the bottom of the post lists all 3 firmwares as available on Feb 12. I think those dates should be blanked out!

Twan_D
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

They should change there version list to:

Soundbar 500:
Firmware: TBD
Available: TBD
Soundbar 700: 
Home Spkr. 500:

Now you get miscommunication.

Community Manager

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback!  We have removed the dates in the table at the bottom of the post and the firmware should show TBD across the board. 

Warm Regards

Tony A 

porram@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 16, 2019

Really!!! Thanks for your Post.......BOSE support needs to keep up...especially with cost of product