xtreme2k2
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 22, 2019

Bose Soundbar 700 - No voice assistants availabe

Just set up my Bose Soundbar 700 and when I go to add Alexa, it says there are no voice assistants availabe. I'm located in the United States so I should have access to it, how do I fix this?

11 REPLIES 11
Goran65
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 10, 2019

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 - No voice assistants availabe

Do you have WIFI enabled?

Hi Xtreme2k2, 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community! 

You may have to create a Bose Music account before your set up. 

It may be that your location in the app was selected as somewhere different which is why you're having issues.

I hope this helps. Have a great day!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

xtreme2k2
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 22, 2019

Where do I set that? I submitted United States as my country in the SoundTouch app, but nothing has updated in the Bose Music app.

Side note, the Soundtouch app is unable to find my speaker.. I set it up through the Bose Music app.

Did I do something wrong?

Daniel_R
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 10, 2019

I do not believe that the Sound touch app and Bose Music app are compatible. The new speakers require the use of the Bose Music app
Twan_D
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

@xtreme2k2 wrote:

Where do I set that? I submitted United States as my country in the SoundTouch app, but nothing has updated in the Bose Music app.

Side note, the Soundtouch app is unable to find my speaker.. I set it up through the Bose Music app.

Did I do something wrong?

You need to use the Bose Music app to set-up the SB500/700 and the home speaker 500. Also you need to use the same e-mail adress in your Alexa app as you use in the Bose Music App.

Hi Xtreme2k2, 

Thanks for coming back to us!

It sounds like you've done everything correctly. I would recommend deleting the Bose Music App and reinstalling it. This should solve any issues your having with the app. 

The SoundTouch Application will not recognize the SB700 and you will need to set it up using Bose Music. 

I hope this helps, have a great day!

Kindest, 

Jessie O

xtreme2k2
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 22, 2019

I've deleted and reinstalled the app, I still dont see any voice assistance available in the app.. what else should I do?

HI Xtreme,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear about your Soundbar 700 not enabling voice assistant. We recommend you check to see if there is a red light showing on the screen, this indicates that the mute button has been pressed. gently press it again to take it off mute (the mute icon look like a microphone with a diagonal line).

Please let us know how this goes.

KInd regards

Prince O- Community support

xtreme2k2
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 22, 2019

The soundbar isn't muted.

In the Bose Music app under Voice Assistant, it says "There are currently no voice assistants available in your region. Please check back later."

Is there a way to remove the product and re-register it? Was my country not set up correct? Can you look on the backend on your side to see if there are problems?