Highlighted
stelor69
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2019

Bose Soundbar 700 and SA-5 Amp

Ok Bose. So I bought a, Soundlink soundbar 300, 12 months ago. Love it. Iwent into my local Bose store in Subiaco, Western Australia, a couple of weeks ago to get the SA-5 amp to create an integrated system.

My good mate had seen my system and loved it so came along with me to buy one for himself. We asked them for a deal on two sets of SA-5 amps, two sets of freespace environmental speakers and Soundbar, Sub and rears for my mate as he wanted to create an integrated system like mine would be. We were told the Soundbar had been updated to the 700 system. I asked if it worked the same and we were told, yes, it has just been updated with more features like Alexa. Great, we'll get the lot please.

I set my system up a week ago. Great, works a treat. Now ... imagine my surprise (more like disgust) when I set my mate's system up yesterday and we found that they work on entirely different platforms/apps and can't play simultanious music. So I ring the Bose store today and they don't want to know about it. He even disagreed and said that the systems can be integrated with Airplay. Buls&^%t! We're fuming at you, Bose, for cashing in on creating incompatable systems, and the Bose store for selling both without warning and ripping customers off. 

I'm happy with my system but my question is, who is going to refund my mate? The Bose store, or Bose. $5000 he spent on gear that is incompatable. He's been saving a year for this. I'm writing on his behalf as it was all bought under my name and on my docket, so I feel somewhat responsible. I feel like a total **bleep** that I recommended the system to him. What are you going to do about it? I'll await your reply before I take the next step of approaching the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.

Yours angrily

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 and SA-5 Amp

Author Accepted Answer selected by stelor69

Hello stelor69.

Thank you for reaching out and Welcome to the Bose Community!

We sincerely apologize for the trouble this has caused you and your friend. This certainly should have never happened. 

The best method of communication for this problem would be reaching out to your Customer Service center.

You can find the contact details by following this link.

Select your country.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'Contact Us'

Again, we apologize for this and hope you can get this resolved. 

Have a great day!

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

2 REPLIES 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by stelor69

Hello stelor69.

Thank you for reaching out and Welcome to the Bose Community!

We sincerely apologize for the trouble this has caused you and your friend. This certainly should have never happened. 

The best method of communication for this problem would be reaching out to your Customer Service center.

You can find the contact details by following this link.

Select your country.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'Contact Us'

Again, we apologize for this and hope you can get this resolved. 

Have a great day!

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@stelor69 wrote:

>Ok Bose. So I bought a, Soundlink soundbar 300, 12 months ago. Love it. Iwent into my local Bose store in Subiaco, Western Australia, a couple of weeks ago to get the SA-5 amp to create an integrated system.

Clearly you were given bad advice on compatibility of Smart Home systems. Fortunately the only thing your friend has to do is exchange the 700 sound bar for a ST 300 sound bar. The Sound Touch 300 sound bar works on the same platform as the SA 5 system. The sub and rears are universal.

Good luck on getting this straightened out.