Highlighted
paulornothing
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

Bose Soundbar 700 audio sync problems with TV

Hi There,

Ever since i've had my Bose 700 soundbar, i've had lip syncing problems with my sony smart TV, whereby the sound is delayed compared to the picture. I rarely get the problem with free to air TV, but get it when i stream, eg netflix. I suspect this may be due to the 5.1 channels that need to be processed from netflix, as opposed to 2 channel from regular tv. The audio is delayed compared to the picture, so they audio delay setting in bose music app is not helpful, as it delays the sound even more.  I do not have this problem if I use the tv speakers instead of the soundbar.

In my Sony TV audio output settings, I have options of PCM, auto 1 and auto 2. If i select PCM, the problem seems to be better (but not perfect).

My questions are:

1. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there any advice to fix this?

2. By setting my tv audio output to pcm instead of auto 1/2, does this mean i'm not sending the best audio format to the soundbar, and thus not getting the kind of sound quality that the bose was designed for?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 audio sync problems with TV

Hello paulornothing,

Thanks for the post and questions.

Sorry to see you're running into delayed audio from your internal Smart TV sources, but I'd be happy to help.

How do you have the Soundbar 700 connected to your TV? If you're using HDMI, can you test by using Optical instead? Let us know if the delay is still there.

The two supported audio formats for the Soundbar 700 are DTS and Dolby Digital. If you have to choose PCM, the Soundbar 700 will still do a great job of simulating a surround sound effect.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

paulornothing
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

Hi Joel,

Thanks for your response. I'm using the HDMI ARC connection, howevewr I've tried the optical, and the issue is the same. Another thing I notice with the ARC connection is that when I turn my TV on, it takes 3 or 4 seconds longer for the TV to turn on, and sometimes the TV turns on for a second then automatically turns off. Thislonly happens when connected to the soundbar.

Grateful for any help/advicde you can provide.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

Is your TV connected to your network with Wi-Fi? If yes, can you try connecting your TV with an Ethernet cable?

If that still is unable to resolve your issues, try turning off Bravia Link in your TV settings.

Have you tried adjusting the audio output settings in the Netflix app to PCM?

Let us know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

vvkamath
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 22, 2019

I had the same problem but finally found the solution in the Bose Music app. Select the device, go to settings and select audio delay. I set it at 150 ms and things looked good after that.
Itsjustmeee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

I have the Comcast X1 4K box  and have noticed this as well. Adjusting the audio setting in the Bose app doesn’t help because in this instance the audio is slightly delayed already compared to the video even when it is set at zero.  I have found that Comcast is wildly inconsistent from channel to channel and there just is a general sync problem throughout.  Oddly, mine seems to happen if I switch from using any of the internal Sony apps and then go back to cable. It’s slight but noticeable because when it is really in sync there is a  difference.  I have found that either powering the TV off or using the Comcast app to either power off or refresh the cable box fixes the problem.