Highlighted
Jhunth2o
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Bose Soundbar 700 does not connect to New TV in Music App Setup

When I try and Connect to a New TV the best I am able to do is type in Samsung; the "Continue" icon stays grayed out and am unable to move forward.  The Samsung TV is an older Series 6, 6300 model and does not have the ARC HDMI so used the optical connection.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

18 REPLIES 18
Community Manager

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 does not connect to New TV in Music App Setup

Hi Jhunth2o,

Thanks or posting on the Community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

• Were you able to setup a different device with the app like a cable box or streaming device like Apple TV?
  • Have you tried the setup on a different mobile device?
  • Can you provide us the make/model/software of the mobile device?
  • Can you try and reboot the router and soundbar by disconnecting power for 30 seconds?  The codes are saved in the cloud and it could be a communication error. 

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Jhunth2o
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Thanks for your response Tony! I attempted to setup the Dish unit and it did the same thing... I’d click on add TV or add the Dish and the app would be slow to respond before finally allowing be to type in Samsung for the TV or Dish but that’s as far as I could ever get. The continue icon would stay gray and most of the time the whole app would freeze up. I add the app to my wife’s iPhone and it does the same thing as with my iPhone. I’ve unplugged the soundbar several times (anywhere from 30 seconds to five minutes) with no success. I also removed the batteries in the remote for the same amount of time. I am able to play Pandora and have gotten the TV sound to go through the soundbar. I can also control the volume with the remote. I haven’t tried Alexa nor have I used Bluetooth to play music from my phone, etc.

I have an Apple iPhone 7 with version 12.1.3. My wife’s iPhone is a 6 and I would imagine has the same software.

I appreciate your help!!!
Community Manager

Hi Jhunth2o,

Thanks for the reply!

It seems like it's a communication issue with servers that host the remote codes.  Were you able to reboot the router by chance?  Could you also provide us the make and model of the router and any access points in the home?

Thank you,

Tony A 

Jhunth2o
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Rebooting the router and soundbar didn’t change anything. The router is a Hughes HT2000W. Not a fan of HughesNet but not many options available where we live. Other than it being slow haven’t had any real issues.
Community Manager

Hi Jhunth20,

Thanks for the update.  There's one last thing I wanted to try before we escalate this particular issue to our development team.  Let's see if factory defaulting the soundbar helps with the remote setup.  Steps can be found HERE.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Jhunth2o
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Attempted to activate the soundbar twice and it failed both times as it was searching the cloud...
Community Manager

Hi Jhunth2o,

If the factory default didn't help to resolve the issue, I'd like to gather logs and escalate the issue.  HERE is a link on how to gather logs.  You want to recreate the issue and then the log gathering process records the last 5 minutes of activity.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Jhunth2o
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Okay Tony, thanks!

I tried a third time and it did have success. Went through the setup and all was fine until I was to program the remote and unfortunately it was the same result as before... it was slow to allow me to type the TV brand and when it finally allowed me to type in Samsung the “Continue” icon stayed gray. I’ll take care of the logs information shortly.

Again thanks for your help!
Jhunth2o
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Just for clarification this is a SB700. The Log information “Home Speaker 500”. It’s likely that he speaker series that the SB700 is in but wanted to be certain.