Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 microphone on/off indicator with solid red light

Hi LadyFafa,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the microphone on your Soundbar 700.

If the red LED is still showing and the troubleshooting in this thread has not helped we would recommend contacting the Technical Support team for your area. You can find their contact information HERE and they will be happy to help. 

All the best.

Keith_L - Community support - 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Chris515
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2019

Hi I had the same problem with the mic off button. I taped from the front and over the top and to the back, one inch from each side of the mic button and at some place it worked.
Mlaeclan@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2019

Mlaeclan@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Oct 7, 2019

Thanks for the prior responses.... I experienced the same issue with the red LED Illuminated defining the sound bar 700 microphone was “off”.  The microphone turned on by tapping the top of the sound bar approximately 1/2” behind the microphone icon.  

Dchitchcock@hotmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

I to had this problem you have accidently turned off you mic! Very easily done when cleaning! Give a little tap behind the mic indicator and will put mic back on! Hope this is helpful! 

Dchitchcock@hotmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

You have turned mic off accidentally! Tap behind the mic and will come back on! Easily done when cleaning product!

Dchitchcock@hotmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Tap just behind mic indicator it will come back on and red light will go off! Easily done when cleaning product! Good luck! 

Joshi George
Participant
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

I had a problem with this light, but then i pressed the o button and then i pressed the microphone button and as a result the microphone turned back on. I am not sure if this is normal though 

Thanks - Joshi

d.degarepitt
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2020

I accidentally turned the mic off when cleaning the soundbar. After reading the comments here, instead of using my fingertip, I placed my finger flat on top of the soundbar and tapped on and around the mic symbol, and that worked.