Bose Soundbar 700 will not connect to App

SOLVED
Highlighted
Silent Starter

Bose Soundbar 700 will not connect to App

Hi,

I have just bought a Soundbar 700 and I am having lots of trouble setting it up. I already have 4 SoundTouch devices and have been using the App for 2 years.

I couldn’t set up the WiFi on the sound bar using the App and had to revert to the alternative method. This connected wi-fi and it shows as connected on my router - All good so far.

I have tried to add the speaker in the App using the already connected to the network feature, no joy. Message says no speaker found. Also tried it on an Ethernet connection, no luck.

It is a beautiful piece of kit with an amazing sound, just getting very frustrated now.

Can anyone help?

App Version 18.1.4

Interface Version 19.1.9

Protocol Version 60

Thanks in advance, 

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Friendly Fanatic

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 will not connect to App

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately I suffered the same scenario. I previously owned the Soundtouch 300.  I spent quite a bit of time being frustrated trying to get my SoundTouch app to see my Soundbar 700.  I found out the next day that it actually was because I was using the wrong app.  Ouch!

So, here's the solution that I found out.  You must download the, "Bose Music" app for the new Soundbar 700.   It actually says it in the manual.  Like you, I assumed the new soundbar would work with the SoundTouch app.  Wrong!  Start there and you will find glory.

Regards,

Sik

6 REPLIES
Vocal Volunteer

You need to return the Soundbar 700 and get a Soundbar 300.  The Bose Soundbar 700 is not compatible with any of your Soundtouch devices and it uses a totally different application.  You should have researched before buying.

Friendly Fanatic

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately I suffered the same scenario. I previously owned the Soundtouch 300.  I spent quite a bit of time being frustrated trying to get my SoundTouch app to see my Soundbar 700.  I found out the next day that it actually was because I was using the wrong app.  Ouch!

So, here's the solution that I found out.  You must download the, "Bose Music" app for the new Soundbar 700.   It actually says it in the manual.  Like you, I assumed the new soundbar would work with the SoundTouch app.  Wrong!  Start there and you will find glory.

Regards,

Sik

Silent Starter

Thanks fo the assist, working now.

Have to say I am a little disappointed in it as there are a few issues.

• Now find that Spotify wont work via Alexa voice commands
  • Cant be seen in the Spotify App as a device. For playback
  • Can’t change the Alexa wake word to match my other Amazon device
  • Not seen as a true Alexa device so can’t add it to the everywhere music group

I am convinced I read that it would work with my existing SoundTouch speakers .... maybe I imagined it.

Anyway, nice looking piece of kit with an amazing sound, just launched a little bit too early without adequate testing.

Friendly Fanatic

I've seen the moderaters post in other threads this information:

"The new Smart Home speakers are not compatible with SoundTouch products. They use two different apps for control. What I was specifying was the accessories for the soundbars as in the bass modules and wireless rear channels."

"For example, you decide to purchase the Soundbar 500 or 700, and you already have the SoundTouch 300 with the Acoustimass 300 and Virtually Invisible 300 accessories, you can use the Acoustimass 300 and Virtually Invisible 300 with the new soundbars."

Wistful Whisperer

Wistful Whisperer

That's not point it should been more customers friendly