jamescunha
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2018

Bose Soundbar 700 with SamsungTV UN55NU8500: HDMI ARC issue

I just received my brand new Bose Soundbar 700 and there is no way of making it work with my SamsungTV using HDMI ARC. I spent 1.5h with Bose support going in circles, turning TV on and off, Soundbar on and off, and nothing. The Soundbar does not get any sound using ARC.

The support team even said it is a known issue between Bose and Samsung via ARC but they were expeting it to be fixed with the new Soundbars 700 and 500, it looks like it is not.

18 REPLIES 18
JimmyDee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 30, 2018

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 with SamsungTV UN55NU8500: HDMI ARC issue

Not sure what to tell you...

I have the exact same TV, and mine paired perfectly with the Soundbar 700.

(my issue is that the soundbar won't stay paired with the cable box)

tifa3
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 1, 2018

Make sure the remote is correctly paired since you will need to change the input to the TV icon on the remote in order for there to be sound. Also, make sure to select the bose soundbar or 'HDMI receiver' option in the Sound Output settings on the TV. I had the same issue with the Soundbar 700 but was able to resolve it with these steps. Hope this helps. 

jamescunha
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2018

So, the problem was: there was no 'HDMI Receiver' option to select in the Sound Output settings on the TV.

I just noticed something that is preventing the Soundbar to be detected. I have connected to my TV a PS4 in HDMI1, a PS3 in HDMI2 and Bose Soundbar 700 in HDMI4 (ARC). I disconnected the PS4 and PS3 and voila, Soundbar is detected as Audio Output in my TV.

Additionally, I noticed the following behaviour:

1) TV + Soundbar (HDMI4- ARC): Sounbar is detected in Sound Output and power OFF in the Bose remote turns off BOTH TV and Soundbar simutaneously.

2) TV + Soundbar + PS4: Sounbar is detected in Sound Output BUT power OFF in the Bose remote turns off ONLY the Soundbar.

3) TV + Soundbar + PS4 + PS3: Sounbar is NOT detected in Sound Output and power OFF in the Bose remote turns off ONLY the Soundbar.

Community Manager

Hi jamescunha

Thanks for writing in!  

Based on what's happening here, it sounds like the PlayStations are causing some strange CEC issues with the ARC feature.  Within the settings of both the PS3 and PS4, can you disable the HDMI Control settings to see if this helps with this issue?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Ed80
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I had my Mac Mini plugged into the HDMI port 1, as soon as I disconected that it worked.

However now I am having a problem conecting the Bose soundbar 500 to my Samsung Smart TV remote (pictured).

Has anyone had any luck with this?

TIA

Ed.

s-l640.jpg

CWRIGHTEOUS
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 27, 2018

Having Similar issues here: 

I have a Samsung Model NO: UN60H6350AF and the soundbar 700. 

I see HDMI2 (ARC) but connecting the soundbar this way has only worked in one instance for a very short period of time during setup. 

It was noticably more clear than the optical. The soundbar was as expensive as some complete systems. Really would like some help in determining if my TV is compatable and how I can get it to work properly. 

Was considering buying the subwoofer but now I am not sure if it's worth keeping this soundbar. Not trying to be negative but spending 8+ hours trying to diagnose this has really put a bad taste in my mouth. Based on my research, this is a very common issues. 

Thank you, 
Cory 

Ed80
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

Hi Cory,

I had the same issue for hours, no sound at all.

Did you try unplugging all the other HDMI cables first, then plugging the the HDMI cable for the speaker in first, leaving the others out? 

I was also thinking of getting the sub woofer, but if I can't get it to work with my Smart TV remote then I'm not interested. I'm thinking of taking it back.

Ed.

Highlighted
CWRIGHTEOUS
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 27, 2018

Thanks for responding! I am going to try again tomorrow. 

I am running it on optical now because my wife thought I was fricking nuts after spending 8 hours to try and figure it out over the holidays. I tried doing exactly that. But I'm willing to try again. 

Samsung is point the finger back at Bose. Appears to be a few open cases for this specific soundbar. 

I'll update with details should I be able to get it to work. 

jamescunha
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 31, 2018

After all I have it working all good. And I even bought the rear speakers and the sub woofer. The only thing is that I leave the PS3 unplugged from the tv when I am not using it (I never use it anyways).