Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bose Universal Remote issues with Samsung Q9FN

The Bose Universal Remote sometimes works properly, but often there is heavy input lag or simply no reaction at all. Every press of a button is confirmed with a status LED flash of the Soundbar 700, but often the reaction on screen is delayed or there is no reaction at all. I've noticed that if I press the desired button longer (which generates the same button input repeatedly) then the TV responds eventually. I tried several times to setup the Samsung TV for Bose Universal Remote via Bose Music app, but to no avail. I use the Bose Universal remote for my Xbox One X as well, but have zero issues with controlling the console with it.

My setup:
Soundbar 700 (4.1.1)

Bass Module 700

Surround Speakers
Bose Music app (2.1.1)
Samsung Q9FN 65" (latest firmware 1.2.6.0)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
This widget could not be displayed.
Hector_B

Re: Bose Universal Remote issues with Samsung Q9FN

Hi SansaidoX,

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue and would love to assist you with this. 

Firstly I would recommend that you ensure that the TV is able to see the IR signal from the remote and would recommend that you change the batteries in the remote to ensure that this isn't causing any issues. Please also make sure that you are within 20 feet of the TV. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and would encourage any members of the community to please let us know if they have also had this issue and how the resolved it. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
This widget could not be displayed.
Hector_B

Hi SansaidoX,

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue and would love to assist you with this. 

Firstly I would recommend that you ensure that the TV is able to see the IR signal from the remote and would recommend that you change the batteries in the remote to ensure that this isn't causing any issues. Please also make sure that you are within 20 feet of the TV. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and would encourage any members of the community to please let us know if they have also had this issue and how the resolved it. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hector,

thanks for your response. It turns out that it might be an issue with the Samsung TV's OneConnect box which sits behind our sideboard. Thus far I thought the IR remote receiver sits directly in the TV like usual, but in this case it is in the OneConnect box so I have to figure out how to place the thing differently so that I can use my Bose Universal remote.

Thanks for your support.