EricV#54
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

Bose home speaker 500 wont activate in Bose Sound app

I have done the factory reset on the speaker and tried multiple times to connect the speaker to the app but after it connects to the internet it tries to “activate device” and fails every time.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose home speaker 500 wont activate in Bose Sound app

Author Accepted Answer selected by EricV#54

Hello EricV#54, 

Thank you for clarifying that information. 

As you are using a Community WiFi router, you will be unable to connect to the speaker to the Wi-Fi 

You will need your own router as the Community WiFi router will have settings that are stopping the speaker from being able to connect. 
If you can speak to staff who have access to your router and see if it is possible to adjust the settings. 

Hope this helps. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Many thanks 

Liam G  

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hi EricV#54, 

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue.

As you have already factory reset the speaker, may i ask if you ave rebooted your router at all?

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

EricV#54
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

I can’t physically reset the router as I am on a “community WiFi” internet in a dorm.

Author Accepted Answer selected by EricV#54

Hello EricV#54, 

Thank you for clarifying that information. 

As you are using a Community WiFi router, you will be unable to connect to the speaker to the Wi-Fi 

You will need your own router as the Community WiFi router will have settings that are stopping the speaker from being able to connect. 
If you can speak to staff who have access to your router and see if it is possible to adjust the settings. 

Hope this helps. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Many thanks 

Liam G