cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lukeevans157
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

Bose portable home speaker WiFi or Bluetooth for battery life?

Hi,

Recently bought a Bose portable home speaker. love the speaker works great.

Just wondering in terms of battery life, is it best to use WiFi or Bluetooth? 

What sort of playback time could I expect on say 50% volume on each?

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_F

Re: Bose portable home speaker WiFi or Bluetooth for battery life?

Hey @Lukeevans157,

I'm pleased to hear you're loving your new Portable Home Speaker!

The specified battery life for this speaker is up to 12 hours of active use and up to 24 hours in standby mode. Playing at a level of 50% will contribute to a standard rate of battery life reduction. Any higher in volume will actively use more battery and lower volumes for less battery consumption over time.

There shouldn't be an impact on the speaker depending on what source you choose to use, but be sure to power down the speaker when not in use, if possible. In regard to battery life, are you getting the amount of battery life I specified just above, or not?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Lukeevans157
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

Thanks for your quick reply!
Also thank you for answering my question, will stick to Wifi at home then for the ease of spotify connect.
I haven't tested enough to tell how the battery is lasting in terms of hours, will keep records and see how it goes, Battery level seems pretty good though from what I can tell.
I always power speaker when not in use, don't use voice assistant.

One thing noticed I cant seem to find a way to see what the battery level is on the app?
When turning the speaking on is the only time it tells level via audio.

Hector_B

You are more than welcome Luke! 

You will be able to see the battery life of your speaker inside the Bose Music app.

If you click the My Bose icon in the top left of your device and select the Bose Portable Home Speaker, the remaining battery charge will be displayed below the speaker's name at the bottom of the screen. The text will be displayed in green (along with a lightning bolt) when the speaker is charging, otherwise, the text will be white. The size of the ring encircling the speaker icon also indicates the amount of battery charge remaining 😊.

If you have any other questions about your speaker, please do let us know! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!