Highlighted
Sabaton
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 13, 2019

Bose soundbar 500 - Music better via bluetooth ?

On personal taste music played via bluetooth is much better compare from tv via hdmi.

It's only me ?

If not no, dear Bose, how make music from hdmi same ? Sometimes i like to listen to my youtube playlists

5 REPLIES 5
ybo
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

Re: Bose soundbar 500 - Music better via bluetooth ?

Hi!

I'm not an analytical music listener, but I've made the same experience and was very astonished. But then i was disappointed because via Bluetooth after some Minutes there always were these glitches.

ybo

Hello Sabaton,

Thanks for posting and welcome.

What sources are you listening to music from connected via HDMI? Is this an internal YouTube app on the smart tv or another device? If it is the TV, can you supply us with the make and model?

Let us know the results so we can look into this further.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Sabaton
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 13, 2019

Thank you, Joel, for your reply. I play music with YouTube app on Android tv ( nvidia shield 2017 ) ( latest version) connected to Sony Tv KD-55X8500D ( Japan model ) and soundbar connected to tv with HDMI ARC
Community Manager

Hi Sabaton,

Thanks for the info.  This is a tricky one cause there could be a few things going on.  When you mention it sounds better via Bluetooth, what aspects are better?  More bass, treble, louder, etc?  

What can happen is the Nvidia Shield may be doing something with the audio when it's being sent to the TV or even the TV could be processing the audio in a different way before it gets to the speaker.  When you use Bluetooth, it's a one to one connection and the audio doesn't have to pass through multiple devices to get to the speaker.  Have you been able to check out the audio output settings of the Nvidia Shield or the Sony TV yet? 

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Sabaton
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 13, 2019

A little update:

I connected my Nvidia Shield via bluetooth to soundbar, and sound was much better, so I probably problem in Sony TV, which does do sound "improvements", but whatever sound settings I tried I didn't achive success.