Bose soundbar 500 stuck on activation?

Silent Starter

Bose soundbar 500 stuck on activation?

I'm a studnet at a university, we have two networks. One of these is a secure Wi-Fi and the other is public for everything else. 

Our University will generally whitelist items for the public network if you need them to be. 

However, I can't seem to find the Mac Address for he Bose 500 or any information on it? 

Here's what's happening, the Bose 500 App detects the speaker, it's all good their. It will then warn you that you're connecting to a public network and people can use your speaker. Since I don't really have any other option I selected that. The App says connected, then it goes to activation. However, once on the activation part of the App the circle on the cloud keeps cycling around and doesn't change. Or at least, it hasn't changed for about 5 minutes. Is this normal and how long should I expect activation to be? 

Thanks in advanced! 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose soundbar 500 stuck on activation?

Hi Tangomango,

We have the direct instructions on how to do that right here:

Connect to the product's network to determine the MAC address:

Note: The product has 2 MAC addresses: one for the 2 wireless antennas and one for the wired Ethernet port.

1. Put the product in setup mode.
  2. On a computer or mobile device, go to Wi-Fi settings and connect to your product's network. The network name typically appears as the product name (i.e. Home Speaker 500 2.4 GHz)
  3. On the computer or mobile device, open a web browser and go to http://192.0.2.1:8090/info to view product information.
  4. Note the MAC address listed after macAddress.

Let us know if this helps. It will be great to hear back from you.

Kind Regards,

Brandon_C - Community Support