Highlighted
Hendrikk
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2019

Bose soundbar 700 philips tv hdmi arc problem

Hello,

Can someone help me, i’ve got problems with the hdmi arc. Sometimes everything works fine en the tv sound comes out the bose, and sometimes not. It looks like the tv doesn’t recognize the soundbar randomly. Easylink en audio out is set correcty on the tv (philips 48pfk5709).
I don’t know How to solve this problem, but it is very frustrating. The only solution is to power down the tv and power on, then everything works fine 8 out of 10 times.

Hoping for a solution.

Kind regards hendrikk
6 REPLIES 6
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Bose soundbar 700 philips tv hdmi arc problem

Are you allowing the tv to turn on the Bose via CEC?  That's what works for me with my LG and Bose 300.

Hendrikk
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2019

Hello Thanks for the reply.
CEC on the bose is enabled and allowed to turn on the tv.
Hendrikk
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2019

The times that everything works fine, the bose had a music/radio icon in the tv source menu. The times when i have troubles the bose icon is a random input icon, like any other device.
Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Do it the other way around.  You turn on the tv with tv remote and let CEC turn on the Bose.  When finished watching, use tv remote to turn off tv and let CEC turn off Bose.

Hendrikk
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2019

Yes but i bought the 700 with the universal remote, so i don’t like to use an extra remote. Does someone else recognize this problem and have a solution?

Hi Hendrikk,

Thanks for the posts!

Are you able to change the CEC mode for the Soundbar 700 in the Bose Music app?  You can change CEC Mode to "Alternate", which may help.

Are you able to use the Bose remote instead of the Philipps?  This may help reduce issues.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support