Highlighted
timic998
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

Bose soundbar 700 with bass module 700

When i make a search for bass module with the app i see the bass module 700 and i able to connect. But when i close the app and reopen the app and i go to see which extansion speaker are connected i see bass module 500 are connected. It is normal or not. Thank you
13 REPLIES 13
Community Manager

Re: Bose soundbar 700 with bass module 700

Hi timic998

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community!  

That is certainly a strange issue.  I'm going to reach out to the development team to see if they've seen this issue.  I'll be sure to update this thread once I hear back from them.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

timic998
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

today I return the module of bass 700 for another one. Same thing when I log the module the app tells me that these a 500 bass module
Community Manager

Hi timic998

Thanks for the update!

I have confirmed with our development team, we've seen this with a handful of other customers as well.  We are currently working on a fix for this but the bass performance should not change.  Once we hear more, we will be sure to update the Community.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

timic998
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

I dont have a good bass compare to soundtouch 300 witch acoustimas 300
EddieM73
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 28, 2018

I bought the soundbar 700 and the bass module 700 on launch day the 20th. I had the same problem with the bass module showing up as the 500. I however know this is a new release and there is always some software kinks that will be worked out, so it has not bothered me at all. In fact I have had the sountouch 300 system in the same room and returned it so I could purchase the 700. I have had a better sounding experience overall when comparing the two. The center, bass and "treble" adjustments in the software are superior in getting the sound tailored to your listening ear. Also, I know it's the same sub, but the bass in my experience is just as good if not better.

JimmyDee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 30, 2018

Same thing here...The app shows: Bass Module 500 (I have a Bass Module 700)

asp628
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2018

Just purchased brand new from Best Buy the Bose 700 Soundbar & Bose 700 Base Module, but can't get it to fully connect... And when we do get it to connect in the app, it says Bose 50 & still doesn't work.

Hello asp628,

Thank you for the post.

I'm sorry to hear this is happening. Can you upload a screenshot of the app and where it states Bose 50 for the Bass Module 700? When its connected is there any LED indications on the back of the Bass Module 700?

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

asp628
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2018

Certainly... Where can I email you a screenshot of the app when it says that.

Also, the light on the back of the Bose 700 Bass Module is showing white, although the directions say it should be an amber color.