Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Cannot add Alexa to my Soundbar 700 ( fails at logging in at id.api.bose.io )

Hi again rtbanffer,

Thanks for trying that out.

I've sent a request to upload log files to your e-mail.  Please upload them at your earliest convenience and we'll investigate this further.

Thanks,

Brandon

rtbanffer
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

Re: Cannot add Alexa to my Soundbar 700 ( fails at logging in at id.api.bose.io )

Hi @Brandon_M,

Did the investigation deliver results?

I noticed that logging in using Safari on the bose forums also results in a blank page, maybe related? I'm doing this on the same iPhone described in my earlier messages.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

I've just gotten to this and submitted the ticket.  We should hear back today or tomorrow.

Just to confirm, you've done basic troubleshooting steps like rebooting your phone, router, etc?  As well, the iPhone 7 Plus you described in an older post is still the same phone you are using?

I'll notify you as soon as I hear anything.

Best,

Brandon

rtbanffer
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

Hi,

Yes, i'm still using the same phone. I've rebooted my phone, router, tv, soundbar ( Multiple times, also factory resets ).

I have reinstalled the Bose Music App twice now.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi rtbanffer,

Thanks for the reply and additional information.

I've passed this information over to development as well.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
duncan1873
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 9, 2017

If you bought it from a Bose shop why take it back to see if they can get it working? The only clitch I had was Alexa disappeared if I used Ethernet if I used WiFi it was ok. I’ve been on WiFi for a few weeks with zero drop out. If you’ve reboot it, updated the firmware/software then it might even be a faulty unit. I would take it back as above to see if they can it to work if not get a replacement. Mines has been working a treat since it’s been on WiFi. 

Good luck,

Duncan

@rtbanffer wrote:

Hi,

Yes, i'm still using the same phone. I've rebooted my phone, router, tv, soundbar ( Multiple times, also factory resets ).

@rtbanffer wrote:

Hi,