Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HomeRemoteNYC
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 9, 2020

Cannot connect to Soundbar 700

Soundbar doesn't show up on Bluetooth on my new devices. On my iPhone in the Bose Music App, it couldn't find the Soundbar anymore although it had been connected. Per Online Support, I deleted it and tried 'find new product' but the app doesn't find the soundbar. The factory reset instructions tell me to use the remote to reset, however the remote is not paired, and obviously the pairing instructions for the remote won't work, either.

Is there no hard reset option to start from scratch?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HomeRemoteNYC
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 9, 2020

Re: Cannot connect to Soundbar 700

Author Accepted Answer selected by HomeRemoteNYC

After hours of troubleshooting and research I found the solution somewhere hidden with the Community (I forgot to save the link and can't find it again).

The issue is if the wifi has changed, the remote is not paired and you cannot connect the Bose music app.

The critical step in the Bose documentation that was missing is that you have to disconnect the wifi router, then power down for 30", then follow instructions to re-pair the remote, and once that's done you can follow instructions to do a factory reset of the soundbar.

Considering the amount of problems other users have, I would suggest updating the documentation and maybe post a Youtube video slowly walking through the steps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tegan_M

Hello HomeRemoteNYC, 

Thanks for reaching out, I am sorry to hear that you're having this experience. 

Can you please let us know the LED status on the front of your soundbar?

We would love to get your system up and running once more. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
HomeRemoteNYC
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 9, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by HomeRemoteNYC

After hours of troubleshooting and research I found the solution somewhere hidden with the Community (I forgot to save the link and can't find it again).

The issue is if the wifi has changed, the remote is not paired and you cannot connect the Bose music app.

The critical step in the Bose documentation that was missing is that you have to disconnect the wifi router, then power down for 30", then follow instructions to re-pair the remote, and once that's done you can follow instructions to do a factory reset of the soundbar.

Considering the amount of problems other users have, I would suggest updating the documentation and maybe post a Youtube video slowly walking through the steps.

View solution in original post