Dawn O
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Charging the Portable Home Speaker (2019)

I purchased the Charging Cradle for my Portable Home Speaker. I would like this basic information that I can't find any where.......

1.   Can the speaker remain sitting on the cradle even if it is turned off? Will this damage the battery.

2.  Can the speaker remain on the cradle if it is turned on?

3.  Should the battery be depleted completely or recharged before it is depleted?

4.  How do I purchase another Plug / USB-C charging cord, seeing as the $30 Charging Cradle did     not come with one? I need to take the speaker with me and I don't want to have to remove the cord and cradle every time so I would like to have another in the travel case for back up. Can I use generic plug/USB-C cord from local store?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Charging the Portable Home Speaker (2019)

Author Accepted Answer selected by Dawn O

Hi Dawn O, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

I'll be happy to answer your questions!

1. The speaker can remain on the cradle whilst turned off, this will not damage the battery. However, if you have the speaker on the cradle 24/7 this may cause some damage. 

2. The speaker can remain on the cradle whilst turned on. 

3. This doesn't matter that much, I would personally recommend under 50% should be fine. 

4. You can purchase another cable from us directly, although a generic USB-C Cable should be fine to use. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jessie_O

Author Accepted Answer selected by Dawn O

Hi Dawn O, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

I'll be happy to answer your questions!

1. The speaker can remain on the cradle whilst turned off, this will not damage the battery. However, if you have the speaker on the cradle 24/7 this may cause some damage. 

2. The speaker can remain on the cradle whilst turned on. 

3. This doesn't matter that much, I would personally recommend under 50% should be fine. 

4. You can purchase another cable from us directly, although a generic USB-C Cable should be fine to use. 

I hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Dawn O
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2019

Thank You!!

Rand92
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2020

This is to Jessie_O:

You have conflicting opinion with Tegan M.  And i agree with Tegan M.  Otherwise, charging cradle should not be sold if it will damage the battery if it is docked 24/7.  If not sure with your answer, please check first with colleagues.  Thanks.

Read below:

Re: Charging

Hi Sonu, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

The Portable Home Speaker is built with a li***ium-ion battery. This type of battery has a built-in auto-off feature when a full charge is reached to prevent the battery from being overcharged. Even while still plugged in, the battery level will have to drop below a certain point to trigger the charging again. Therefore, it will be safe to leave your product on the charging cradle, this will charge your speaker only when needed without damaging the battery. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

norbertoth
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 9, 2020

Dear bose.
I want to report a bug with my “BOSE portable home smart 2019”. The “connect” app does not include my product. AirPlay 2 and bluetooth devices (LG webOS bluetooth, iphone, ipad pro (youtube, netflix)) have picture-sound sync error. (Audio delay) This error is very confusing because the content is unenjoyable. The sound quality of BOSE is excellent, I like it but please correct this error because it is very bad! Thanks!

Regards Norbert Toth

Jessie_O

Hi Norbert, 

Thank you for your feedback. 

Regarding the 'connect' app, this application is not designed to be used with the Portable Home Speaker. You will need to use the Bose Music Application. 

Let me know if that helps with the issues you are experiencing.

norbertoth
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 9, 2020

I use the bose music app. On LG TV the sound is very slippery, I tried another TV but there is also slippery sound on bluetooth. Unusable on television unfortunately the Bose portable home speaker, I am disappointed. image-sound slip occurs. My old speaker (jbl flip 3) goes on television without fond and the sound doesn’t slip.

norbertoth
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 9, 2020

I also tested it on another lg (lg uhd 4k television 2019) television and there also slides the picture-to-sound sync via bluetooth connection. On ipad and iphone devices bluetooth is good but the airplay 2 connection on youtube app when i exit the app does not stop the sound on ios device only much later. i would like to ask the developers of BOSE to fix the bugs with a software update! On lg tv, bluetooth picture-to-sound sync is bad on ios devices with airPlay 2 youtube app. I love the bose brand, it has super sound but these bugs bother me. Thanks!

Andy_B
Community Manager

@norbertoth - To set your expectations, while the Portable Home Speaker does feature Bluetooth and auxiliary inputs, it is not designed to be used with TV sources. You may find our range of dedicated TV speaker systems, like the Soundbar 500 or Soundbar 700 more suited to your needs.