TM
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 23, 2017

Re: Comprehensive upgrade/update - Combination of Music app and Soundtouch app?

If they don’t have the knowledge in house - maybe you could freelance? 😉
Drigga
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

I don‘t expect an answer from Bose.
We‘ll either get a meaningless standard response or they‘ll just ignore the thread.
In any case, we won’t get a clear answer

Hi everyone!

Thank you for your posts and I can appreciate your concern! 

Though there are no plans at the moment to merge the two platforms, I wished to reassure everyone that we are not pulling support for our SoundTouch products, nor do we have any plans to discontinue the current line of products.

Have a great day! 

Jessie O - Community Support 

TM
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 23, 2017

You did already discontinue a product - Soundtouch 300 and Acoustimass 300.

Anyway, thank you for making this clear.
I will bury my plans of buying a Soundbar 700 though.
Highlighted
tww
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 10, 2016

I see frustration posted around this forum over the SoundTouch product line not being compatibale with the lastest Smart Home line, and a lot of predictions from people (not employed by Bose) that SoundTouch is no longer going to be updated or supported. I empathize but suggest you should not be upset...

History shows that Bose does continue support, longer than many companies. I have owned 3 Bose Lifestyle systems over the past 30 years. For more than several years after Bose stopped selling each model, Bose continued to provide firmware and/or softwarwe updates. None of that hardwarre has ever stopped working and Bose will still sell spare parts and answer questions about most of it. When eventually moving on to new hardware if you choose to sell the old hardware, even older Bose products offer good resale value.

Technology and products update faster than ever, and these days significantly new hardware and software almost guarantees a step back before moving ahead. I suggest right now this is true with SoundTouch vs Smart Home--SoundTouch is a more capable, more mature overall sound product and retains many currently offered models; Smart Home is less complicated and essentially a brand new smaller line. ... I agree it is a reasonable bet that new innovations will come to Smart Home and we will be lucky to see innovations added to SoundTouch. It is also disappointing to hear that Bose won't likely offer any link between the two ecosystems, but understandable in the context of what appears to be a significant change in technology. There are flaws and limitations with SoundTouch that Bose may have resolved but failed to perfect; I can understand feeling abandoned for example if there are no future improvements to the SouindTouch Alexa Skill. But the skill as-is does work once you learn to use it. ... Whether or not SoundTouch receives future innovations, the ecosystem works to provide the value that it offers today and should maintain for years to come.

With that in mind, rather than get upset about my current investment in SoundTouch, I have taken advantage of the $200 discount on the SoundBar 300 and added it to my speakers. It sounds great, works great (better than I expected), and am confident that it will continue to be supported for years to come.