waLLy_123
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Connecting Optoma hd143x and a PS4 to my Soundbar 500

Hi everyone,

I'm having the following issues.

I have a Optoma e1p0 a0ube1z1 HD143X dlp, a PS4 and a Bose Soundbar 500 (with subwoofer). I'm trying to get my Soundbar to play sound from the PS4 and the HD143X.

With the PS4, I believe I'm doing something wrong and that the optical cable should work out.

However the Optoma HD143X seems like a whole different kind of problem.

These are the available ports:

1. Inputs 1 x HDMI 1.4a 3D support + MHL, 1 x HDMI 1.4a 3D support
  2. Outputs 1 x Audio 3.5mm, 1 x USB-A power 1.5A
  3. Control 1 x 3D sync, 1 x 12V trigger

So no optical or HDMI ARC. Is there any way to use the soundbar with this projector?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1
Jeff_G

Re: Connecting Optoma hd143x and a PS4 to my Soundbar 500

Hello waLLy_123, 

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the Community!

Please see my diagram below for how I would personally recommend setting up the PS4, Soundbar 500 and your projector. 

projector setup.JPG

Essentially, your projector is not set up to deliver digital audio, so you will need to bypass the projector. Luckily, your PS4 has an optical output on it, so I would suggest running an optical cable from the PS4 to the optical on the Soundbar 500, then use an HDMI cable to link the PS4 to your projector. You should check the settings on the PS4 to ensure the audio is set to output via optical and that it is in a format that is supported by the Soundbar 500.

I hope this helps! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!