Hi,

I have a LG 55EC930T TV. Under the DTV Audio settings, there are 

Select digital audio output type.

1)  MPEG

2) Dolby Digital

3) Dolby Digital Plus

4) HE-ACC

5) Auto

Which is the correct setting to use with the Soundbar 700?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Correct TV Audio Settings for Soundbar 700

Author Accepted Answer selected by Akhran

Hello Akhran,

Thanks for posting in the community, I would recommend using either Dolby Digital or DTS, these are the only two compatible digital audio formats for the Soundbar 700. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch, have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C - Community Support 

3 REPLIES 3

Author Accepted Answer selected by Akhran

Hello Akhran,

Thanks for posting in the community, I would recommend using either Dolby Digital or DTS, these are the only two compatible digital audio formats for the Soundbar 700. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch, have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C - Community Support 

Akhran
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 7, 2019

Hello Zoe,

By choosing Dolby Digital in the TV audio setting, is the sound processing done by the TV and then the processed audio stream is passed to the soundbar for output? Is it better for the TV or the soundbar to process the audio stream? 

Thanks.

Hello Akhran,

Because the Soundbar is connected to the TV, If you select Dolby Digital on the TV it should process the sound in a Dolby digital format which is supported by the Soundbar. So to answer your question, 

The sound processing will be done by the TV and audio stream will be passed to the Soundbar for output in Dolby Digital.

I hope this was helpful.