Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josh2
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2020

Display screen does not show anything on my bose home speaker 500

It started when I changed the wifi password. After I changed the wifi, the speaker does not connect through the app and through the wifi and I do not know how to disconnect it. So I tried to reset the speaker but after it was reset the display screen doesn't show anything anymore. It is just all black the light bar shows lights but the screen has no display. Please I need help! I'm scared if this might be broken or something...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Display screen does not show anything on my bose home speaker 500

Author Accepted Answer selected by Josh2

Hi Josh2,

Thanks for posting!

As you have mentioned that the light bar shows lights, could you let me know which of THESE statuses is closest to what yours shows you? Knowing what that light bar is trying to tell us will be really helpful in understanding exactly what your speaker is trying to tell you!

If you have changed the password on your Wi-Fi network you will need to update the information on your speaker to be able to get it to connect back to the network. What you will want to do is as follows:

• Put your product in Setup mode by pressing and holding the AUX and Play/Pause buttons until a 5 seconds countdown starts and completes on the display: The light bar on the front of the system blinks white twice, then glows amber.
  • On your mobile device, go to Wi-Fi settings and connect to the speaker's network. The network name is the product name.
  • Open the Bose Music app and follow the instructions to connect to the speaker to your network. If the app does not prompt you to set up your system, tap the My Bose icon in the upper-left, then tap the + to add a product

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by Josh2

Hi Josh2,

Thanks for posting!

As you have mentioned that the light bar shows lights, could you let me know which of THESE statuses is closest to what yours shows you? Knowing what that light bar is trying to tell us will be really helpful in understanding exactly what your speaker is trying to tell you!

If you have changed the password on your Wi-Fi network you will need to update the information on your speaker to be able to get it to connect back to the network. What you will want to do is as follows:

• Put your product in Setup mode by pressing and holding the AUX and Play/Pause buttons until a 5 seconds countdown starts and completes on the display: The light bar on the front of the system blinks white twice, then glows amber.
  • On your mobile device, go to Wi-Fi settings and connect to the speaker's network. The network name is the product name.
  • Open the Bose Music app and follow the instructions to connect to the speaker to your network. If the app does not prompt you to set up your system, tap the My Bose icon in the upper-left, then tap the + to add a product

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Josh2
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2020

Thank you so much! It all worked well already. I just let it rest since yesterday and the display was back already and then I tried the to connect to the wifi to the speaker and it all worked well. Thank you so much for the help! Hope you have a good day Keith_L!