Highlighted
dmhill22
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2017

Display screen on Bose 500 speaker does not show album artwork anymore

After I play the first selection on the Bose Home speaker 500, the album work disappears.  If I make another selection right away, the album artwork no longer appears.  The selection does play but the screen remains blank no matter how many times I request other selections.  Album artwork only reappears if the speaker shuts down after use and I request music later on.

I have read previous postings and I have done the suggestions that people have suggested.  I have either unplugged the unit and reconnected the plug into the outlet or I have done a factory reset.  It still does not show the album artwork after the first selection.  

It seems this problem exist when I make request for music.  These selections either are from amazon music, pandora, or sirius xm.

Another problem that I have is to request the speaker to play my preset stations.  If I ask for it by voice command, the speaker will not play it.  I have to go up to the unit and press the selection button on the top of the unit.  Is there a way to give a voice command to request the preset station or do I have to press the button on the top of the speaker?  When I bought the unit, there was no remote control sold with the unit.

If anyone could provide help with both issues, it would be very much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Display screen on Bose 500 speaker does not show album artwork anymore

Hello dmhill22,

Thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to see album artwork is not displaying for you, but I'd be happy to help.

Is this only when you're using voice commands that artwork is not showing or does this also happen when you choose it from the Bose Music app as well?

As for voice commands working with presets, this is a feature that is not available. We have already passed this request to development as other users would like to see this implemented as well. 

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

MRAUDIO
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Yes, I have the same trouble and would also like to see voice commands for presets added in a future update.

Thanks...

Hello MRAUDIO,

Thank you for interest in this feature request as well.

We will let the community know if we have any updates.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

dmhill22
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2017

The disappearing of the body work happens whether it is voice command or requesting random songs through the app.  If I switch from preset to another preset, only then does it work.

Please help me find a solution to my problem.

Hi dmhill22,

Thank you for confirming those details for me.

I'm going to DM you for further information.

After replicating the issue, please gather system logs with this method HERE.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support