Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ford Prefect
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2018

“Error creating Group” in Bose Music App

Hello Bose Community!

My attempts to set up a group consisting of my two Smart Home speakers result in an “error creating group” message.

This is what I’m trying to do:

(required hardware: 1x Bose Soundbar 700, 1x Bose Smart Home Speaker 500)

1. Open the Bose Music App (ios)

2. -> select Soundbar 700

3. -> select ‘create group’

4. -> select smart home speaker 500

result: an error message at the top of the screen: “error creating group”

5. -> select smart home speaker 500 again

result: another error message, this time on a red back ground: “something went wrong [c3]”

I’ve shared a screen recording here.

Any ideas anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ford Prefect
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2018

Re: “Error creating Group” in Bose Music App

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ford Prefect

I solved the problem by resetting the Soundbar to its factory defaults (instructions), and setting it up again. I’m now successfully able to create a speaker group consisting of my Soundbar 700 and my Smart Home Speaker 500.

Some things to keep in mind should you find yourself in a similar position as myself:

- Speaker groups don’t behave entirely as I expected: I’ve set up my Apple TV to send audio to the SPDIF/Toslink port of my soundbar and video to an HDMI port of my television. With this setup it’s not possible to synchronize the video feed on my television with the audio feed on all speakers in the speaker group that I created. Using the ‘AV Group Sync’ setting I’m forced to choose if I want to keep video on my television in sync with audio on just my soundbar (...and accept that audio on other speakers in the group is delayed), or if want to keep audio on all speakers in the group in sync (...and out of sync with the video feed to my television).

- Doing a full factory reset will require you to reconfigure your accessory speakers and your home assistant. Although the process for doing this is quite straight forward, it is quite time consuming.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_F

Hi Ford Prefect,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you're having creating a group for your smart home systems. You're following the correct process on how to go about this, but that error code seems quite odd.

When you're trying to create that group, is the Soundbar 700 available to use in the app? So, when you go back to the 'My Bose' screen, do both systems have the option to Browse Music?

Also, there's an option to 'Play On All Speakers' when you attempt to group - have you tried this to see if you get any different results?

Warm regards,
Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Ford Prefect
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ford Prefect

I solved the problem by resetting the Soundbar to its factory defaults (instructions), and setting it up again. I’m now successfully able to create a speaker group consisting of my Soundbar 700 and my Smart Home Speaker 500.

Some things to keep in mind should you find yourself in a similar position as myself:

- Speaker groups don’t behave entirely as I expected: I’ve set up my Apple TV to send audio to the SPDIF/Toslink port of my soundbar and video to an HDMI port of my television. With this setup it’s not possible to synchronize the video feed on my television with the audio feed on all speakers in the speaker group that I created. Using the ‘AV Group Sync’ setting I’m forced to choose if I want to keep video on my television in sync with audio on just my soundbar (...and accept that audio on other speakers in the group is delayed), or if want to keep audio on all speakers in the group in sync (...and out of sync with the video feed to my television).

- Doing a full factory reset will require you to reconfigure your accessory speakers and your home assistant. Although the process for doing this is quite straight forward, it is quite time consuming.

View solution in original post