Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morrienz
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 3, 2020

Errors C7 SC3103 and SC 4501 on Tunein Radio New Zealand station

I am getting repeated long pauses and then eventually complete stops of the stream for the Station RNZ National(Radio New Zealand) on Tunein on my Home Speaker 500 in New Zealand with error codes in the bose music app of C7  and then either SC3103 or sometimes SC4501. This station was working perfectly until about a week ago, and still works perfectly when streamed to the separate tunein app on my android mobile, which is on the same wifi network that the Home 500 is on.

Puzzlingly I can stream  the station via the preset for it in the speaker that I have set, or from the android bose music app (but with the delays and eventual stops) but if try to get Alexa in the speaker to play the station by voice she says she cannot play it at all, saying "i cannot play that" and the speaker screen says something went wrong" which is odd when it still plays via the preset and from the bose app (with delays and eventual hangs), and plays with no pauses or hangs in the tunein app on my mobile phone. Until the stream pauses began a week or so ago I could always play this station by voice using Alexa in the speaker.

The speaker is close to the modem/router and every other thing on the speaker works just fine that i have tried, and other tunein stations that I have tried stream just fine too ( but we normally listen only to this non working station).

I have tried all of the following to try and fix this problem but nothing has worked..

Restarted speaker.

Changed the preset in the speaker to a new one for the same station (works but with repeated pauses and eventually hangs).

Restarted modem/router.

Uninstalled and Reloaded Bose music app on Android phone.

Did a manual firmware update of the speaker.

Did a factory reset of the speaker.

Please help me solve this Bose, as this is the only radio station we listen to, and the home 500 is the only way we have of listening to it now.

Regards,

Chris M 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Errors C7 SC3103 and SC 4501 on Tunein Radio New Zealand station

Author Accepted Answer selected by morrienz

@morrienz, Thanks for much for the detailed explanation. I'm glad to hear that the stations are now playing as they should through the Bose Music app and presets.

In regards to the Alexa commands, I have just tested this on my Home Speaker 500 and I was able to play RNZ National, but RNZ Concert defaulted to RNZ Pacific as it did with you also. 

I also tested this on an Amazon Echo device where the same scenario was produced. Therefore, I would have to ask that you reach out to Amazon to investigate this problem. 

Can you let me know if you're still unable to play RNZ National and we can try troubleshoot this issue alone?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
morrienz
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 3, 2020

I also restarted mobile phone to add to list above of things already tried that didn't fix this.

Chris M

Charlotte_G

Hey Chris,

Thanks for posting in the Bose Community! 

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing a problem streaming your favorite radio station on your Home Speaker 500. You've completed a great list of troubleshooting already and we appreciate this greatly. 

I'm aware that you've stated that you only listen to this station, but would it be possible for you to try out another station just for testing purposes so that we can identify if this is happening with this station only? 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
morrienz
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 3, 2020

Thanks Charlotte.

Other radio stations were playing just fine on TuneIn, which I think I did say in my original post, except for one other RNZ station, "RNZ concert", more on that below.

The pauses and hangs in play of RNZ National have now have stopped happening, but I still cannot play RNZ National or RNZ Concert via a voice command to Alexa in the speaker. I can play both stations via Tunein in the Bose Music App, and from a stored preset in the speaker, but neither station will play from  a voice command to Alexa of "Alexa, play RNZ National in Tunein, or "Alexa, play RNZ Concert in Tunein". Both of those voice commands worked a week ago.

Now when I try the voice command for RNZ Concert alexa/tunein in the speaker instead plays a different RNZ station called "RNZ Pacific", but when I try to do the voice command to play RNZ National, the speaker doesn't play anything and comes up with a message on the speaker screen saying. "!That didn't work. Please try again.".

Just to repeat, as of this morning, both RNZ National and RNZ Concert stations will now play without pauses/hangs from the Bose music app's Tunein tab, and from a preset button on the 500 speaker, but neither will play by Alexa/tunein voice command. So the sound pauses/hangs are fixed now, but the alexa voice command tunein problem for thsoe two stations isn't yet fixed, for just those two stations. All other radio stations I have tried play perfectly by all three methods, bose music app's tunein tab, preset button, and alexa voice command. 

I'll await a solution to the voice commands problem for those two radio stations RNZ National and RNZ Concert, and thanks for fixing the sound pauses/hangs if that partial fix was due to Bose's follow-up of this.

Regards,

Chris M. 

Charlotte_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by morrienz

@morrienz, Thanks for much for the detailed explanation. I'm glad to hear that the stations are now playing as they should through the Bose Music app and presets.

In regards to the Alexa commands, I have just tested this on my Home Speaker 500 and I was able to play RNZ National, but RNZ Concert defaulted to RNZ Pacific as it did with you also. 

I also tested this on an Amazon Echo device where the same scenario was produced. Therefore, I would have to ask that you reach out to Amazon to investigate this problem. 

Can you let me know if you're still unable to play RNZ National and we can try troubleshoot this issue alone?

View solution in original post

morrienz
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 3, 2020

Many thanks Charlotte. I get exactly the same here as you today, RNZ National now plays by voice command correctly,  so someone somewhere has fixed something, but RNZ concert still plays the wrong station (RNZ Pacific) by voice command.

Thanks for your help.

Chris M

earm57
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

As far as I could ask in tunein the problem is Bose's when the station broadcasts on HLS.

Ireported the bug 6 months ago and I had to ask directly in tunein because the forum only tells you to restart the speaker and the router and then they escalate it to the development team but I have already waited 6 months! Unbelievable.

His the link where I made the request:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Error-C7-SC3103-Tunein-Home-Speaker-500/td-p/268519