ThierryStephane
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Firmware 7.0.10 for soundbar 700

So now that the firmware 7.0.10 has been pushed to our soundbar, can we have the list of changes for this version ?

It seems to have fixed the remote control issues introduced in the previous version (multiple click and lag). Or at least it is much better if not fully fixed.

Can we know if there is any fix for ARC / sound drop-out which have been reported for months ?

It would have been nice to have some sort of communication don’t you think Bose ?

7 REPLIES 7
mark_smith_uk
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Re: Firmware 7.0.10 for soundbar 700

Just checked and my Soundbar 500 is now showing as 7.0.10-7792

As you say, would be good to know what's changed.

TonyAU
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

@bose  any comment?

John49
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

I just recently purchased a Bose 700 Soundbar and when I set it up new it updated to the 6. something firmware.  Now it has a new update on it 7.0.10-........  I was also wondering what fixes were added.  At least I would expect some rationale like Apple gives me when they say there is an update for all of my Apple updates, plus they give me a choice.

My sound bar 700 is working fine no HDMI ARC issues and the spectrum remote controls both turning everything on and volume.  I am thinking of disconnection my 700 bar from the internet since Bose doesn't tell us what the new firmware is correcting.  I still have time to return it to Best Buy but I am very happy with the sound.  Any response from Bose would be nice.

ThierryStephane
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Since Bose is not willing to communicate anything to us, this is what I could gather so far:

• SiriusXM API changes. 
  • Amazon Alexa: “Alexa” wake-up-work model improvements for French language
  • Google Assistant: Firmware support for Shuffle/Repeat (not available until future cloud update)
  • Portable Home Speaker: Voice Prompts in additional languages - Russian, Brazil Portuguese, Polish, Sweden, Korean
  • Universal Remote fix for directional arrow double-press issue
  • Portable Home Speaker: Update loop fixes
  • Additional bug fixes and stability improvements

No specific mention of ARC / Sound drop-out.... But some people seem to have reported new issues with ARC with firmware 7.0.10 already, so I suspect there might have been changes in that area...

Smansro
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

@ Bose

can you share details of the update ?

Jeff_G

Hello all, 

For more information regarding the new firmware, please visit this page. 

I hope this helps! 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Smansro
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

@ Bose

Thanks for sharing these details. I notice stability with accessing the Bose app; in pas I had lots of issues that the app didn’t find the soundbar, now I didn’t have that issue yet. 

I did notice an issue when using Spotify; when trying to adjust the volume with the phone volume knobs, the soundbar volume goes to mute...kinda weird.