Highlighted
ScottyK1976
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2018

Home Speaker 500 Alarm Problems

Apart from the crazy loud alarm volume issue which another user also experienced and raised, I’m having trouble getting the alarm to wake me with music.
If I tell Alexa to wake me with a particular radio station or amazon music, it shows that it is playing the radio but I hear nothing. If I tell Alexa to stop then it starts the alarm tone instead (at the crazy loud volume).
When I stop the alarm, I cannot turn off the device. I need to ask to turn on music again first before I can tell Alexa to turn off the device.
I really need a fix for this. I bought it as a radio alarm clock. While the sound is great, I won’t be keeping it if this doesn’t work.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Home Speaker 500 Alarm Problems

Author Accepted Answer selected by ScottyK1976

Hi ScottyK1976

Thanks for posting in the Community!

The use of music services as an alarm is not supported with the new Smart Speaker lineup.  I would recommend using the normal alarm tones from Alexa which should work consistently.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: Home Speaker 500 Alarm Problems

Author Accepted Answer selected by ScottyK1976

Hi ScottyK1976

Thanks for posting in the Community!

The use of music services as an alarm is not supported with the new Smart Speaker lineup.  I would recommend using the normal alarm tones from Alexa which should work consistently.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support