George-D
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

Home Speaker 500

I am unable to complete the "Setup" of my Bose 500 Home Speaker via the Bose app on my iPhone 7.

I have followed the suggestions in the Product Help guide and re-booted my iPhone, the 500 Speaker, my router, and my modem, all without success. I have uninstalled the Bose app on my phone and then re-installed the app without success.

I can communicate between my iPhone and the Bose 500 via Bluetooth. I can locate both my iPhone and the Bose 500 on my WiFi Network map. But I cannot "Find" the Bose 500 via the Bose app. I have turned off the "WiFi Assist" as mentioned in other posts.

My next step is to just return the device for a refund.

Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
Tegan_M

Re: Home Speaker 500

Hello, 

We're sorry that you're unable to complete the set up of your Home Speaker 500, we'd love to help. Thanks for already trying some great troubleshooting, these were great first steps. 

I'd love to get some further information regarding this set up error. 

• At what point does the set up fail?
  • Do you get any error messages or codes?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
George-D
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

The "Setup" sequence failed during the initial Setup attempt, and all subsequent attempts. I had no problem installing the App or linking the App to my "Music Services". I can listen to music on the Bose 500 via Bluetooth, but I purchased the Bose 500 for the WiFi accessibility.

When I open the App it responds that the Bose 500 is "Not Available". I have tried to delete the Bose 500 and then step through the "Add Product" process, but I'm not able to remove or delete the Bose 500.  When I try to "Add Product" the App cannot "Find" the Bose 500.

George-D
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

I was able to resolve the issue this morning.  I temporarily cleared some other devices from my home Network and then reset the Bose 500 by simultaneously holding down the "Aux" button and the "Play/Pause" buttons. This restarted the Bose 500 and the App was able to "Find" the Bose 500. 

I've now been able to link the Alexa app to both Pandora and Sirius/XM. I can control the Bose 500 with voice commands

Persistence pays off.