Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jackheng
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

Home speaker 450 cannot connect to Amazon Music prime membership

I’ve added Amazon Music to my Bose Home speaker 450 but it does not recognise I have Prime membership.  It seem to be confused with my UK account that does not have prime where as my US account has prime.  I logged into Alexa and it recognised my prime membership in the US. Is there soemthing I need to do to have the Bose app recognise my US region amazon account?

5 REPLIES 5
Jackheng
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

Alexa on speaker not recognising Prime membership

Is anyone having issues with Alexa on their speaker system not recognising their prime membership?  I have the same login for Amazon that i use on Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com.  My prime membership is on Amazon.com.  When I setup my speaker and logged into Alexa and added music services with my Amazon login, it simply thinks that I am in the UK profile and not in the US profile.  So I am unable to listen to unlimited music on my Bose speaker.  Strangely, when I log into Alexa app itself, I dont have an issue - it recognise that I am using my USA profile on Amazon.com.  Is there a setting in Bose somewhere tht I am missing and it thinks I am in the UK?

Vicky_W

Re: Home speaker 450 cannot connect to Amazon Music prime membership

Hello Jackheng, 

Welcome to the forums. 

I think we should perform an Alexa cleanse and set it up again. I would just like to confirm, are you in the US or the UK? 

• In the Bose Music app, tap the image of the speaker in the lower-right corner. If the image is a different product, tap the My Bose icon in upper-left corner, select the speaker, then tap the image of the speaker in the lower-right corner.
  • Select Settings > Voice Assistant> Alexa > Remove Account > Remove Log out of the Bose Music app.
  • Uninstall the Bose Music app.
  • Reboot your router.
  • If you have linked the speaker in the Alexa app, this needs to be removed.
  • Reinstall the Bose Music app.
  • Log back in.
  • Set up Alexa.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Jackheng
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

Hi, thanks for the info.  I have tried the steps you have suggested and it is still not working 

Jackheng
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2020

Btw, I am in the US.  I have also setup a new email on Bose account to make sure that it’s associated with US as well 

Sam_F

Thank you for trying that @Jackheng - sorry to hear that didn't help out. Does your UK and US amazon accounts use the same email address? Or are they linked to separate emails?

Alternatively, are you within the first month of your US amazon prime? This may cause some verification issues as the app might still be recognizing your US region account as in the trial period. This may be why it seems like it's not active and running your UK account.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!