Sherjo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

Home speaker 500 alexa skill issue

Hi,
I’m trying to get alexa to play some music but keep getting the same message “you need to install the bose skill on your alexa app and ask me to discover devices” I have already logged in to alexa on the bise music app and the Bose (not sound touch) is installed and enabled un the alexa app. When I ask “Alexa, discover devices” the answer is “no devices found”

Can you please advise?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Home speaker 500 alexa skill issue

Author Accepted Answer selected by Sherjo

Hi Sherjo,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  I'm sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

• Can we start by removing the Alexa feature in the Bose Music app?
  • From here, let's open the Alexa app and remove the Bose (not for SoundTouch) skill.
  • If you can check the device list in the Alexa app, anything related to the speaker, let's remove/deregister these devices.
  • At this point, let's close both apps then launch the Bose Music and reconfigure the Alexa feature. 

Let us know if this helps!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by Sherjo

Hi Sherjo,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  I'm sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

• Can we start by removing the Alexa feature in the Bose Music app?
  • From here, let's open the Alexa app and remove the Bose (not for SoundTouch) skill.
  • If you can check the device list in the Alexa app, anything related to the speaker, let's remove/deregister these devices.
  • At this point, let's close both apps then launch the Bose Music and reconfigure the Alexa feature. 

Let us know if this helps!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Sherjo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

It worked, thanks
Community Manager

Hi Sherjo,

That's great to hear!  Definitely let us know if you have any further questions!

Warm Regards,

Tony A